Aftermarket Kit Cruise Control Upgrade

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Thursday 27th Mar, 2014.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Just called in to my local Honda dealer to ask if cruise control can be fitted to my Accord. They said no not possible. But I know from the Mazda 3 forum people have fitted them as an upgrade?

So why is it not possible in my Accord?
  2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I came across the same issue for my dad's Merc. In the end they said no British based dealership could fit it and that we had to go to Germany to install it at either £299 or £1499 if an ECU upgrade was required! We just walked away in the end, it ridiculous that they don't put Cruise Control as standard when the car comes with a 2k sat nav system with all manner of fancy gadgets. Even my 6th Generation has cruise control!

EDIT: Looks like I went off at a tangent, although I assume its the same problem for Honda's as it is for Mercedes
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've bought cars in the past with a view of upgrading the bits I wanted.
    Works for some of the smaller things but often not the larger ones.
    Retro fits are also usually very expensive.
    Nowadays, I try and get the best spec I can. Then there's not as much to do.
    Next time, take 'Odd Bod's Finger' with you.
    They may be more likely to comply.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    It's not that it isn't possible, it's that a dealer will not undertake the work.

If yours is a 2007 2.0 i-VTEC then it already has a DBW throttle body for it, the issue is that your stock wiring loom likely won't have the necessary connections, your ECU likely doesn't have the configuration, and then the more obvious stuff like the steering wheel controls are needed. Basically it's not just plug and play.