Finished CRYSTAL PALACE HILLCLIMB SPRINT MAY 29TH/30TH 2016

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by HondaHeritage, Sunday 25th Oct, 2015.

1. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    PALACE POSTER 2016 018.JPG

THE DATES ARE SET NEW BLOOD NEEDED TO EXPAND THE HONDA PRESENTS HERE !

again i will be running the hondaheritage stand for old hondas .....but i will make the sffort to again get something arrange for a hondakarma stand if enough genuine interest is shown
    the event for 2016 will involve a lot more work to orgasnize as the event is being run by a new company so it will need more of my time to get a "deal" on what i can have

what i can organize long in advance is camping and accomodation

please if hondakarma members are interested please let me know ASAP
    if there are any questions/requests please post here so others may read
    cheers all
    slim

PICS FROM 2015 HONDA HERITAGE PRESENCE AND RACING

CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 046.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 043.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 041.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 040.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 039.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 037.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 289.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 065.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 167.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 192.JPG CRYSTAL PALACE SPRINT 2015 187.JPG

Last edited: Friday 8th Apr, 2016
    legend-ary, Nels and Ichiban like this.
  2. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Skip Woking
    I shall see you there sir!

... Nothing to see here... Carry on scrolling...

Last edited: Tuesday 27th Oct, 2015
  3. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi
    yes this event is happening
    as shall start a list of genuine interested people on the first posting editing it as more show their commitment

sorry what do you mean by this ?

if you want to pm me you number for a chat i can tell you more

regards
    slim

4. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry, shouldn't surf and drink, just re read the post, I was planning on going anyway so will come by the stands and say hello.

Ahem. I'll delete my first post, apologies.

5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    if there is enough interest i will try and arrange a hondakarma stand if you want to be part of it i,ll put your name up or are you going to compete ??

6. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

A Lowly Spectator sadly, I'm building for agility and am looking for inspiration, we attend quite a few hillclimb events through the year... Mainly trying to get a picture of what works and what doesn't. Classics are perfect for that sort of thing, especially on a hillclimb bigger then my local one, which is more of a ramp (brooklands) - the send climb is brilliant and a nice way to finish the season if you ever get the chance.

7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    what is the send climb and where is it ?

8. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

It's a two day climb that a lot of owners attend (Citroen brought half the stand they had at good wood this year it seemed) - it's a run what you Brung type affair and it's a laid back atmosphere, that finishes the summers fun quite well. The build quality is pretty high and in some cases it's hyper car level...

Shere Hill Climb

just off the A3, near Guildford, Surrey.

9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    ha ha ha you wrote send climb you must be like me couldn't find your glasses :Grin:
    the shere hillclimb is i believe in its 3rd or 4th year and hopefully it will become a proper msa regulated competitive event
    booked in last year in my friends 1958 elva bur unfortunately could not make it so my friend drove the car instead its abourt half an hour or so down the road from me
    im hoping to have a club stand there next year ,did you run your car ?
    spent many year at brooklands demonstrating history race cars and motorcycles done the test hill many times often airbourne at the top i also have pictures of me with air under all four wheels at the top of the banking in a supercharged riley nine special, and sprinted brough superiours and macavoy,s on the runway oh they were the days nicely rounded off with a couple of beer or three in the "hand and spear"
    all i can say is you will love the crystal palace event

legend-ary and Karmadrome like this.
  10. Karmadrome Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry, I had to pop out to Send earlier and it was still on my mind clearly!
    I love Shere climb and Gurston down, my dad and I went a few years back to crystal palace but I have been meaning to add it to the roster, thanks for the reminder! I'd happily help out next year at Shere if you do run a club stand, I will be there anyway... With or without the CR-X.

If Shere goes MSA I won't be able to run, it's kind of difficult to find hills you can run when you are disabled - however I would love to see it go MSA because it's a great day out and deserves support. Duuuuuuude, I dream of running that bank, and what a car to do it in! Almost got to be a passenger in a mini for a 'tour' run but it's not the same as sticking the foot in... Utterly jealous. I wish they had kept the whole circuit...

The next Shere Climb is the target I'm/we are working to. I'm hoping to convince a friend to bring either his RSTmk3 Fiesta (real one at that) or/and the mini... However the mini doesn't have a fitted interior, or a connected engine and I think still needs a couple of welds, the RST has the engine out currently and it's getting a re-build before going back into its freshly painted engine bay and I won't start on the CR-X or I'll be here all day....

Yep. Gonna be a busy winter for us. :zen:

You don't happen to own an early Insight Clarity FCX by any chance? You sound like you are local to me.... :sherlock:

11. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    i do sometimes get to go to brooklands it depends if im requested to demonstrate a car ,im not rich and all the cars if driven over the years have been other peoples or classic car companies I've worked for and trust me ,i do have circuit raing experience and still own my classic formula ford single seater which i hope to race again before i get to old

no its not me i live in west norwood your always welcome if you want to pop over some time

Karmadrome likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  13. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    again another missed oppertunity for HONDAKARMA to have a weekend club stand
    a fantastic event covering all types of era,s of cars styles and manufacturers,live music funfair beer tent and live racing action the whole weekend
    HONDAHERITAGE wikk be there both display stands are now full we have also a honda competing
    be great to meet anyone that wants to come to the event

calling legendary free pass for the weekend if you do the photography :Grin:

legend-ary likes this.
  14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    :salute: Legendary reporting for duty !

Ichiban and HondaHeritage like this.
  15. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    PALACE POSTER 2016 018.JPG

Ichiban likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Proper old school looking poster how they should be made.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  17. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    yes i agree cj a nice period style poster for a great period event
    the club stands have shaped up nicely and with 5 weeks to go both stands s800 sports car club and the hondaheritage / hondakarma stand are full and brimming over
    there also will be extra interest this year with additional early honda products being displayed in a mini styled portable museum show case
    this will be a great event for all the family with many attractions and plenty to do for all
    hope to meet a few of you there !!
    hey you guys from hondas.in.south maybe you,d like to put this in your calender why don't you pop in and introduce yourselves unfortunately i don't do facebook so you won't find us there

Ichiban likes this.
  18. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi folks
    five weeks away from the event and still plenty to organise
    both display stands are full
    im pleased to say my race entry has been accepted and better still i,ll be racing a 78 honda Civic :jumpy:
    it will be great to get back on the programme of developing these early Civic,s for future events and not be side tracked into driving more "exotic" thoroughbreds
    the car i willl be racing on the sunday 29th may belongs to a good friend of mine ray ,who will be racing on the monday 30th may
    I've maintain this car for the last five years and its performance has improved every time
    i personally have not run it on the track for over three years so it will be very exciting to see how far the improvements have moved the car on
    so here we have a hondakarma entry :Grin: and the car will be sporting our club stickers :jumpup:

2012 car events 004.

2012 car events 001.

will be great if we can have a hondakarma prescence of members !!
    come and meet some new faces or put faces to members usernames :Grin:

Last edited: Saturday 23rd Apr, 2016
    MickyB, Ichiban and legend-ary like this.
  19. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    the time is approaching fast an still a lot to organize !
    a fair number will be turning up on the saturday afternoon and with a bit of luck some extra hands to set up the display stand ending the evening on our campsite and a few beers :Grin:
    as on the sunday it will be manic i have a 7,00 start as i have to sign on at race control then get the car scrutineered a quick run back to the show grounfd to meet and greet then a dash back to the pits ,after that it all rolls on rather quickly noise test and straight into first practice run
    honda uk appears to be attaching a photographer to us :eek: on the sunday ,so amongst the chaos i will need to liase with him and see what his programme for the day is :gohonda:more updates on this as soon as i know any more
    so those that are interested please do make the effort to attend a truely great meeting not only do we have a honda racing .two honda stands ,a small display area of some of hondas monkey bike fenerators and other oddities the is much much more to see

MickyB, Ichiban, Nels and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have got my first gen back from the painters today and the car is come out AMAZING it now a show car. I am over the moon and it got it yearly MOT too so can't wait to detailed it and get it pucca for the drive down to London.

From tomorrow I am away for the week , so I can't work on the car till late Friday evening :no: to get the car tip top! Slim the exhaust is giving me a lot of jib so Tuesday after the event we need to get this blast manifold leak sorted mate, its doing my head in..:depressed::depressed: