Finished Cumbria Meet - Lake Windermere (29th July 2012)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by ash d-series, Wednesday 30th May, 2012.

1. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The meet will be a Honda only meet, it will take place at the Low wood watersports centre between Windermere and Ambleside at 11am on Sunday July 29th 2012.
    The plan for the meet is to meet up for a couple of hours and then go for a drive, we will print off direction sheets for everybody so you won't find out where the drive is too until you turn up but i can gaurantee it will be a very special drive with us having many of the best roads in the UK, it will end at a pub for a couple of drinks and some food if you fancy it.
    The drive isn't compulsory, your more than welcome to just turn up for the meet.
    We would appreciate as much support as possible with this as we know the Honda scene in the North is nothing like the south but theres a lot of people that seem to be craving a bit more of a scene around here and if the turnout is good this time i'm more than happy to arrange some more in the future in various locations. Plus it would be good to meet a few more local faces.
    I'll be posting this on all the Honda forums i'm registered too but if your on one and don't see it posted feel free to copy the thread and repost it on other Honda forums to spread the word.
    There will be a few ground rules.
    The watersports centre have been good enough to let us use there carpark so please treat it with respect i.e put any rubbish in the bins and no wheel spins,handbrake turns or dohnuts if you have an S2000 or NSX lol. Basically just don't drive like an idiot in their carpark.

As for the directions the postcode for the Low wood hotel is LA23 1PL, the watersports centre is on the opposite side of the road on the waterfront, You need to go in the gates and just follow the road around to the end, there are 2 car parks and the meet will be taking place in the furthest car park from the Entrance.
    and just incase you need any additional information:

A few people have already confirmed or expressed interest but feel free to add your name to the list so we can get a rough idea of people.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ash I have given your event coverage on our twitter and Google + one accounts , I am sure some of the guys will be up for this.
  3. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate, I appreciate the support :Thumbup:
  4. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So as it stands the list of people definitely coming is as follows

1 Rage 'n bull

1 SuperDOHC

1 JDM.alex

1 jamie_mac99
    2 ellis (EK9)
    3 hersh l (FD2)
    4 robbie (DC5)
    5 Jack24 (EK9)

1 bornlucky1
    2 beefwilder
    3 smithylee
    4 lankyboy
    5 ragingspeedhorn

plus 15+ people interested over our facebook page.

I'll keep the list updated as it goes and i've posted on a few more forums today
  5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys sorry I`ve been unavailable recently had a number of family and personal problems which meant I`ve not had time to get here.
    Ash I don`t know if I can get up for this one but if you are in the Windemere area I`m up this weekend staying at the Sun Inn at Troutbeck then july 18- 22nd I`m up staying at the Wateredge Inn at Ambleside so if you fancy a pint pop down just look for the gorgeous Arctic Blue Pearl Accord Type-S.
  6. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    Missus is away, so potentially, I am up for it. It will all depend on work commitments. It'd be nice to see cars from other clubs.

Will let you know for definite closer to the date if that is ok.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one Rob, I will have my 8th Generation by then.:Wink:
  8. bijomaru Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Rob Swindon
    Oh nice. More and more people getting the new one. I think I might wait for 9th Generation :Wink:
  9. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well it would definitely be good to see a few of you there, i think the accord forums seem to be overlooked when arranging mixed honda meets. A lot of the ones i've been to i never seem to see many Accords or Preludes so it would be nice to see some make an appearance
  10. JayBird Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very interesting. Wish that I could join you all at this meet, and finally put some faces to everyone's usernames. We already have plans for that day. Oh well. Hope you all have a blast!
  11. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So as requested by a few people i've got an updated list of the people attending from the forums.

1 rage 'n bull
    2 sarkel
    1. G_hooper

1.Dan H

CR-X uk
    1. Crxracer
    2. Muzza

1 jamie_mac99
    2 ellis (EK9)
    3 hersh l (FD2)
    4 robbie (DC5)
    5 Jack24 (EK9)
    1. Beefwilder
    2. Lankyboy
    5.ben198989 (FN2)

1. SuperDOHC

Plus the 17 people confirmed on the facebook page so far.
  12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovely neck of the woods and spent several short breaks in Ambleside in the Lakes. I'm on lates finishng at 2am on the 29th and back on again at 4pm so won't be able to make it. Good luck though and hope you get a good show.
  13. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

less than a week to go guys
  14. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The drives all planned and the direction sheets all printed out. I'll see you guys tomorrow
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have a good meet tomorrow guys, I won't be able to make the car is not detailed and we have a mini Olympics in our neighbourhood.

Please do upload pictures of the meet.
  16. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Heres a couple of mine and the other guys from the page. I know rob got a lot of photos and footage, i think he will be putting a video together that will apear on the facebook page at some point. Log in | Facebook

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love the FD2's thanks for sharing the pictures. Did the weather hold up for you guys?
  18. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Some lovely looking car there. Weather didn't look the best though :Ohdear:
  19. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It was a bit grey but to be honest it only actually rained for like 2 minutes and it was dry for the rest of the day. There was quite a lot more cars that turned up after these pics were taken but nobody has uploaded any yet
  20. ash d-series Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A video of the meet made by Rob Berry
    Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014