General Custom made Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bones126, Wednesday 17th Sep, 2014.

1. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi,

I'm looking to lower my FR-V but don't want to drop it as much as the springs available which drop it 40mm at the front and 30mm at the back, does anyone have any experience of having custom made springs to a required length or know where I may be able to purchase some from?

Ideally I want to drop it 30mm front and 20 mm rear, I know it doesn't sound too much different to above but these are the max figures I want to go.

Thanks for any help or advise with this :Thumbup:

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Not my area of expertise, but these guys came up a few times while searching for info. Based in Sheffield.

3. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Cheers DD, I did come across those myself so may give them ago, I did how ever read a bad review about them with some guys not get what he ordered and it was a ball ache to get his money back. But we all have our own views and opinions on things.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I take these things with a grain of salt too, long as you have proof of what you ordered, evidence it's not fit for purpose and brought it on a credit/debit card - just go through your bank's dispute process if the worst comes to the worst.

@PeteMM is really the guy to answer this one.

Bones126 likes this.
  5. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    @Bones126 I personally would contact the likes of AVO UK and see if they can help you out.

They have made custom springs for us in the past and a wonderful job they did too. However, we were not using progressive springs, so there may be a difficulty there for you.

Alternatively, you may find the part number for your springs is the same as that for another car, this may open up some more options. Ideally what you want is Eibach Pro-Kit and it would give roughly the drop you are after.

Bones126 likes this.
  6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Thanks @PeteMM will have a look into a bit further then, cheers DD for the head up :Niceone: