Exhaust System Custom single exit or twin exit and why?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mr CL7, Monday 15th Sep, 2014.

1. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Question for you folks.

On my 2.0 Accord petrol I've currently got a custom single exit de-cat back sports exhaust setup with a silencer in the middle. It will be removed as I am going back to near standard as possible with the sound and music it currently makes to hardly any noise at all. I was given an option of making my new setup as a twin exit which I've never had before or sticking to the current single exit. Other than visual purposes IMO and a little bit more moola would it affect the performance in anyway compared to a single exit? Your reasons whether for or against would be much appreciated. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Cheers

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Have a read of this thread mate, covers a few points on dual vs. single :Smile:

Mr CL7 likes this.
  3. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Single or dual both seem to work looking at the comments on that thread. I'm still confused bud :lol:

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Personally I'd run a single exit on a K20A6, because the flow gains won't translate into noticeable power - the difference between a 2.25" single and a 3" dual on your car without tuning I'd assume would be 1-3hp. However, duals look better IMO :Laughing:

EDIT: All comes down to price really, duals won't harm and subjectively look better - there's no real gains over a single on your engine though.

5. Mr CL7 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Faz Kent
    Interesting. I wonder if anybody else with a K20A6 has ever though of doing this. I guess I'll decide on the day what matters the most. Visuals or money. Cheers though

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    It's on my list of things to do