Off-Topic Cyclist punched by Audi Passenger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Tuesday 28th Jan, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Video shows Audi passenger PUNCHED cyclist before pushing him off his bike in road rage | Mail Online

Did anyone see this? As much as I hate Audi drivers (although it was apparently the passenger) I'm kind of siding with him on this one. He shouldn't have gone into the box but all the aggression was coming from the cyclist (although the media seems to be overlooking this) and in the end the driver reacted. I think if I had some guy pursuing me and banging on my car then I'd probably get out also. Each to their own though.

2. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

seen this lol what makes me laugh is the guy on the bike gives it all the verbal and then when he gets smacked he runs away !

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The problem you have is London road users have an air or arrogance and superiority about them and then you have the cyclist brotherhood who feel victimised in London as cyclists are treated as scum of the earth.

the real problem is people Down south don't know the meaning of tolerance when it come to use the road. its all ego gloating and whose Johnson is bigger! pathetic really.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I really don't understand what that cyclist thought he was doing. He said his piece and he should have left it at that. But because as a cyclist in London they feel they have a superiority complex and a god given right to dictate the law he stupidly went after the car to give him round 2 and finish what he started to say. His mistake was over stepping the mark swearing and turning it into a verbal assault, that's what provoked the physical reaction. I'm sure he wouldn't have called him them names if the guy wasn't in a car, he said it because he was expecting the driver to cower and be non confrontational, hide in his car, then drive off. Maybe in future he'll learn to choose his words more carefully.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Choose his words carefully we are taking about laandan mate no one does that its all about attitude init!! otherwise you will be trampled over.. do you see anyone on the footpath intervening or being witness.. naah it caught on CCTV their noses are pointed at 45 degrees. there is a lesson for Londoners to get out of this mode.

If everything is caught on CCTV or personal camera why do public need to get involved we are all too busy judging people and apportioning blame.. it needs to change our parent didn't use to do that .. why does this generation FEEL its their right..

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^The moral of the story is surely never to take on an unknown quantity! The cyclist had a massive over reaction, and I would have thought could be guilty of threatening behaviour?

My view is, that the lesson here is to relax more, and let things go - it just isn't worth it - regardless of whether you are in London, Birmingham, Leeds, Aberdeen, Belfast or anywhere else for that matter! You just don't know who you are shouting at and what they may be capable of...:telloff:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I hated driving in London during the day, both in car and on motorbike - for seven damn years! But doing my direct access massively helped improve my awareness of motorbikes (and cyclists I guess) including key things such as indicating BEFORE moving lol, using side mirrors every time and checking the blind spot. Also things like anticipating where bikes may filter which is both out of courtesy but also to help prevent your mirrors from being pranged. But all in all the biggest enemy of the biker from my own experience of riding in London was those who didn't indicate because it leaves you with little chance. If they don't see you but indicate at least you can take evasive action of your own. Ironically cyclists could be just as bad, if not worse, than the cars. They really do seem to p*ss everyone off - including pedestrians! lol

A little gap here, a little space there and some consideration now and then meant you'd get plenty of nods or leg lifts of appreciation rather than cursing and abuse. Although I rarely remember cyclists saying thank you, usually just the bikers. The only real solution I can foresee is for cyclists to be identifiable and therefore accountable. Time they had registration plates also me thinks.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Spot on. I drove in and out of central London for 15 years with little incident, but did see a few...mostly involving cyclists as it happens, and not always the fault of the car/van driver either.

I thought a few years ago one of the political parties proposed a cyclist registration and insurance scheme, but it never came to anything as far too tricky to administer I guess.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    An Audi T**t and a cyclist c**t, two things that don't go well together.

The amount problems cyclists cause, and am not just talking about drivers, but as pedestrian!

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm quite happy to admit I don't like cyclists at all. (Perhaps when they are culpable to pay their way on the road like insurance, given that cyclists do have collisions on the road etc, I have no sympathy for them whatsoever and cherish to see the day they are either made to pay insurance to use the roads or be f'd off the road altogether. And if you're a cyclist here on AOC, I don't give a monkeys, so you've been warned!! :Violin::eek:).

Audi or any other car, that cyclist deliberately wanted to make an issue out of it and got clobbered. Serves him right. I'd have done the same thing too. Two wrongs don't make a right, the cyclist could have been the bigger/smarter man and left it or reported the transgression to the Police etc - but if he was willing to take action himself, as he did, then he bears complete responsibility for the retribution as well.

11. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cyclists in London are idiots. I had to do a job in High Holborn last Saturday. On a four lane one way street there was four cyclists, each of them was in the middle of each lane holding all the traffic back including me.

12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Mate they don't care if they are on the road or pavement or a park. I walk to the train station every weekday down a one way street and scum cyclists cycle down the pavements to circumvent the one way road at speed and forcing pedestrians onto the road. Total inconsiderate scum, that's why I have no sympathies for them when they get injured, the way they cycle is like they are on a suicide mission, the worst is Boris bike riders who have no clue about road rules or any etiquettes, one idiot once ran into my car because he didn't stop when I had right of way think he owns the road and started mouthing off, if my mum and sister weren't in the car at the time I would of popped out and taught him a lesson.

Saying that I come across nearly as much idiot drivers.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here here!

If they are that concered with injuries and the like - if they use the public highway, they should be duly insured as well. Otherwise, they run the risk of the consequences. I'd sooner fox hunting and other pointless bans be lifted if it mean all cyclists being shot. I mean taken off the roads! :Happy:

14. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I get annoyed when cyclists complain about the lack of care car drivers show towards them, if you think about it when you are driving and are spotted in a cycle lane you get pulled- if you get too close to a cyclist you can get done- if you blow your horn in anger its an offence- if you even pass too close you can get done- just some of the things as a driver that gives the cyclist the edge when an incident happens. the cyclist will never get done for an accident he or she causes as they get the driver who should have been aware the cyclist was there and you should be aware that the cyclist don't care about you and will turn in front of you without indication or signals. I believe as others have said that a form of insurance should be mandatory for cyclist who are using the roads as the only thing the cyclist needs to pay for is a cycle no road tax insurance parking fees fuel and all the other costs of a car. I better stop now as I may finish up getting more annoyed :Angry:

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What really annoys me is the cyclists who think that because they are not as wide as a motor vehicle they can just drive across a red light because they are only on the edge of the road. Or hop onto the path to navigate round the red light and dart back into the road, usually without looking, demonstrating the contempt they hold for other road users, after the lights!

"How dare anyone interrupt me with rules and regulations of the road!" is the mentality. :Rant:

The other one is when you are in a line of vehicles at traffic lights and the bloody cyclist you just passed carefully and considerately shoves down the inside (excellent way to get knocked over - approaching in the blind spot! :Foolish:) and shoves to the front of the queue so the faster vehicles have to pass them all over again.

Not all cyclists are the same it's just these ones that pi$$ every one off and cause all of the (understandable in a lot of cases) animosity.

It's just pig-ignorance and downright lack of basic manners and common courtesy.

While I'm on - it's high time cycling in rush hour on the road was made illegal. It's just introducing risks and danger in!

Mind some vehicle drivers shouldn't be allowed in charge of a vehicle either - maybe they're this type of cyclist when they're not in their vehicles!

I like to do a bit of cycling as well! However I approach it with the attitude that you should use basic manners, common sense, common courtesy and obey the Highway Code.

Rant over! :lol:

candobill likes this.
  16. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Who`s next for a rant? or an honest opinion as I would say :Wink:

John Dickson likes this.
  17. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh while we're at it. Black cab drivers aren't much better in London.

"Look mate I'm trying to earn a living"

Well so am I you knob. Doesn't give you the right to stop anywhere or try and force me out the way.

Funniest thing I saw was a black cab try and force his way in on a scruffy builders lorry. Oh how I laughed as all the plastic on the front end of the cab distributed itself down Piccadilly.

I used to work in London for nearly five years as a service engineer, they did my bloody head in.

Don't get me started about the tourists in the summer.

Maybe that's the reason I moved near to the south coast and now.cover that area.

18. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Here we go again, has anyone here heard of a cyclist being charged for a traffic offence ? :Search:

19. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The police we're issuing fixed penalty tickets for about a week last year, to cyclists in London caught jumping red lights. They should have used a sniper. :Wink:

candobill likes this.
  20. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I would volunteer for that job :Happy: