D13B2 to D15B2(from an auto) to manual conversion

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Jackson92, Saturday 19th Sep, 2015.

1. Jackson92 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Alec Hereford
    Hey Guys and Ladies, I've had my Civic for a little while and im slowly getting round to finally doing my conversion, managed to pick up a donor Civic for cheap with a 1.5 so a good friend suggested we try out a swap, i can't see why it wouldn't work :/ but could just do with a little help, its an auto but I've taken the the automatic gearbox off and the engines out of the 1.5 and on a stand, ino I've gotta open up the ECU and do some bits inside there to set it so it works for a manual, and i take it i will have to take the wiring loom out from the back of the dash behind the steering wheel? So im putting the 1.5 into a 1.3 and using the 1.3 gearbox on the 1.5 , with a Lightened flywheel and Tegiwa stage 1 clutch, thats what they recommended, so its already fitted with a clutch so i don't need to worry about that im literally just taking the engine, but im not quite sure about the fueling because the 1.3 is pgmcarb and 1.5 dual point injection but i don't know much about this bit so any help would be great. Thankyou. ( Photos are not most recent) will upload as soon as i find my camera :Smile: SAM_0668.JPG SAM_0672.JPG SAM_0674.JPG SAM_0651.JPG

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks like a nice little project to undertake.

I'm not so hot on the older Hondas but if you've got an entire donor car can't you take the entire wiring loom and the ECU from the donor ?

3. Jackson92 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Alec Hereford
    Yeaa I've got a whole wiring loom and ECU but I've still to get the wiring loom completely out :Tongue: just wanted to make sure that i was taking the right steps :Smile: just abit confused about the fuel system too. i take it i will have to transfer the fuel injection fuel system over too ?