Electrical & Lights D2S Xenon problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by rinesh, Sunday 16th Mar, 2014.

1. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys,

My xenon beam is not working on one (left)side. I changed the D2S bulb and it still did not work. So it maybe the ballast or ignitor i think.
    Is it possible to read it out through HDS by a honda dealer?
    This may be an expensive fix i have heard, because these parts are above €250 each at the dealer.
    Anyone experienced this or some tips?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd put my money on it being the ballast. They are expensive through the dealership, though they can be quite cheap to get second hand.

Wait until another member confirms but I believe they're the same as found on the Civic, FR-V and CR-V as well. I've seen them on eBay in the UK for £40 a piece.

You could probably swap the ballast from the working side onto the faulty to test out if it is indeed that which is causing the problem.

3. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oke, where is the ballast located and do u know if it is a easy job to replace/swap?

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes pretty easy to get to, this diagram should help (part 8 is the ballast):
    B__0800.

I don't believe there's currently a guide or DIY on doing it, but you might find you need to drop the front bumper to make things easier to get at. If so, there's some tips for that part on this fog light guide.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I put together a full guide here :Thumbup:

6. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice, thank u, that will DEF. help me

7. rinesh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

update: Just checked my fuse. Left beam fuse was blown. So i changed it, when turning the light on even that one blowed. So not sure if it could be the ignitor or ballast now...

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Someone else will chime in before long, but I still say test the known working ballast on the blown headlight.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Most likely is the ballast.

What I would do in this case is remove the bumper, swap the two ballasts around and see if the fuse blows on the other side. That'll confirm it is the ballast causing the fuse to blow.