General DAB conversion avaliable for Civic and Jazz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beefy, Friday 10th May, 2013.

1. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    hey folks. a genuine avaliable DAB conversion from AUTODAB is avaliable for certain Civic and Jazz cars. involves fitting a discreet airiel to the windscreen. ime sure other hondas are in the pipeline AKA Accords. or maybe this kit will fit an accord anyway??. bit of interesting news for Civic and Jazz owners at leist.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one I need to see one of these when I am down next time.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Some info out the dab radio shortly as Beefy has already indicated the are for our Jazz and Civic owners.

Accord well can't see it happening as the politics behind it, some people don't want to see the Accord alive so seeing a kit for our Accords is next to zero.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Don't be so sure cj. If honda can see a market in it ime sure they will include other models. Thing is though most Hondas use the same or similar connectors. It would be good to be able use the steering controls. Much better than most retrofit kits.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Love your optimism bud if they wanted to release the Accord kit it could have been done at the same time as this,after all this box is pretty much plug and play !

If this was released I would have it in a flash but we all know Honda UK stance towards the Accord don't we..

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll volunteer my car to have the dab radio fitted. If Holdcroft need a test car to adapt it and make it fit they can have mine . :Grin:

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Forgive me for stating the obvious but why doesn't someone just contact Autodab direct and ask them to hurry up and make one for the accord.

Looking at the website Autodab appear to be manufactured by Connect2 who do the xcarlink. In which case why do we need to wait for a Honda affiliation or approval?! It should be easy for Connect2 to produce 1 for the accord range, they just need to be told there's a demand for it and to pull their finger out.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go doc a project for you,thanks for volunteering:Thumbup:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just got off the phone AutoDab don't have a solution for the Accord it will be 6 months before they can deliver a solution.

10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Just seen your previous comment. I was thinking of giving them a call but wouldn't have been before the middle of June as I don't even have time to scratch me a£$€ at the minute.

It's a shame they won't have one soon but it's something to put on the christmas present list.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup this one is for a Christmas wish list for sure.