ICE & HFT DAB reception

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by patel_on_da_corner, Saturday 24th Sep, 2016.

1. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Patel London
    I was wondering what the general consensus on DAB reception on the pre face-lift 4th Generation EX.

I drive in and around London. I have found that along the western side of the M25 DAB reception to be quite poor. On other cars that I have driven DAB seems perfect, but with my CR-V I have allot of reception problems.

Is this a general CR-V issue, or do I have some loose Antenna wiring on my CR-V.

If it is a problem with my car, then I should be able to do something with the warranty.

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    DAB radio is notorious to drop signal the problem is widespread and not uncommon , if you listen to the same radio channel on FM it won't drop out provided that same channel is on DAB to make the comparison.

3. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban. Thanks, I understand the hit and miss nature of DAB location wise.

I suppose it means I have to live it.
    Thing is I rent cars for my work journey. So many different models get tested on the same route.
    Peugeot 308, Ford focus, audio and, golf, even corsage work without drip out, ds5 on the other hand was terrible.

I was wondering what other CR-V owners are experiencing.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    is your car under warranty ? Get a Honda dealer to test the unit or update the software on the unit.

5. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, sounds like the thing to do.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There were areas around Aylesbury where reception would drop out regularly on mine, but it was very local.

Since I've been in Wiltshire no issues at all.

Friend with a new Focus has lots of reception issues around Heathrow on the M25.

7. PanayiotisPal Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Cyprus Panos Paliometocho
    I have the same CR-V.
    Ichiban, Would you make this software update available??

I would also like to read the service bulletin if one exists :Smile: thanks.

Dab radio supplied with the CR-V does not work in Cyprus. We have 4 DAB radio broadcasts or maybe not DAB compatible (a different spec), at least my TV is recognizing 4 digital radio stations. Is there a solution for Cyprus, so that I can receive the 4 digital radio channels with the CR-V EX Alpine radio 4th Generation HDD??????

Last edited: Sunday 25th Sep, 2016
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will look up the details on this shortly @patel_on_da_corner did you approach the dealer for this yet ?

9. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not yet, haven't had a chance, a have a list of things to have looked at.

DAB
    Bonnet panel alignment, as the gaps with the wings are not consistent.
    Driver seat base seems to be coming apart.

I will post up pix soon.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Take all that in and get them to address it under warranty.

11. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Should I go to the original dealer who sold me the car (Chiswick) or my local one (Ruislup)?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any Honda dealer, best take it to the one where you have a working relationship :Wink:

13. patel_on_da_corner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I suppose that would be my local one, I have no relationship yet, but it's the one I should build, as they are only around the corner, also Ruislip sold the car when it was new, and also did services on it prior to me buying the car.

So they might not know me, but they know the car.

Ichiban likes this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There are a couple of rubber stoppers under the bonnet, which are adjustable just by turning them. With a bit of trial and error adjusting how the bonnet shuts takes 10 minutes and no tools as all they do is adjust slightly how high or low the bonnet sits.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no update from Honda for any of the DAB reception issue but if you car does have Honda connect then the first RC update fixes a radio station issue on the display. The more of you CR-V voice you concerns to the dealer that then will be collated by Honda to investigate the issue if there is a widespread fault.. These fault could be localised to your cars but if everyone having reception issue it best to get down and log it.