Finished Dad Needs a Tin of Beans Fundraiser (15-16th November)

Discussion in 'Events and Meetings' started by MickyB, Wednesday 15th Oct, 2014.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've already posted some brief details about the Big Show in July, well last night I heard about a Charity Event taking place over the weekend of 15th and 16th of November.
    It is being organised by the same guy that is organising the July show.
    The main reason for this one is that last weekend this guys elderly father(75) had his home broken into and he was attacked and a safe containing his life savings was removed from the house, they even stole his car to take the thing away,I think there were other personal belonging taken as well.
    Although people have been arrested and the car has been recovered the safe remains missing the old chap has spent some time in hospital recovering and is on the mend, his son is organising a weekend event which will take place over the dates shown and from what I can gather it will be a fun event with live music etc.
    The event is taking place at Squires here's a link to their site
    Squires Bikers Cafe, Run By Bikers For Bikers...

I think there is going to be a small charge on the gate I will know more later today as my Daughter is helping organise this.but I think that proceeds will go to his father and some charities but when I know more I will post it up.
    This would be a chance of a get together before the winter sets in I know yet again its in Yorkshire but its not really too far for a run out and a chat and some good food and oh Squires do the Best Hot Chocolate on this planet believe me.
    So if anyone is interested please add your name to this so we can decide on whether its going to be a single day or a weekend job I would suspect probably a single day would be better.

1: MickyB

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Is this actually for car owners or just bikers?

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think its going to be for everyone but that's not a problem I was just interested in getting some of our members together even if its just for the day/afternoon or whatever.
    I'll know more after the weekend my daughter is having a meeting with the organisers and the owner of Squires.
    Just so you are aware Squires is not only for bikers they do hold car club meets there as well. RS owners, jap car owners renault owners club so its a very friendly place. CJ should know most bikers have been there.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm happy to attend if we can get a few together :Smile:

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Should have some news later this evening.

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Will check my wifes shifts for that weekend :Tea:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here if we get people involved then yeah but just to sit and look at cars and bikes and hang out not for me.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Once I see my daughter this evening I'll know what is happening. If we are going to make it just a day thing I can look for hotels if people want to say come down and stay before or after the meet. I know there's a Premier Inn not too far away that Nels stayed at when he came up for the last meet we had.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I might pop up and see you tomorrow night I'm off for a couple of nights. Might bring the photographer so you can get the run down.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Come Friday mate day off I will be late this entire week.

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I'm free on the 16th!

MickyB likes this.
  11. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    I need to check with wife, but this is local to me. So would defo be up for it. Be a good chance to meet people :Smile:

MickyB likes this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can't make Friday Mucca this new Rota has started at work and my head is upside down with it at the moment,no problems I'll get what I can from Selina when she gets home and post it up.don't know if they have set up a Facebook site or not.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well after a weekend of problems with these guys I've found that there is no charge for club stands but entry fee is £5 per car.
    Still waiting on update from my little un?

14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok guys there's a lot going on at this so I've been given the link to the Event site on Facebook.
    Its Saturday and Sunday details on the event page.
    We can go as a Club there is no charge for a club stand only the entrance fee on the day.Saturday £5 Sunday£3.50 but I've also heard that because they are supporting the Leeds and Bradford Food Banks that if you take an in date tin of Food (and it can be anything) then they will take .50p off the entrance fee.
    I think we should go for the Sunday so I'm proposing that we hold a club meet at this event on Sunday 16th of November timings to be confirmed all those who would like to attend please add your names.

Click on the poster!
    Don't know why this has come up I followed the link straight to the event page???
    1. MickyB and Pat

15. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    What the heck, it's a 3 hour drive, but it's a 3 hour drive in my Civic :party:. It's time to get some miles on her.

If we get enough people together for a club stand, I'll go up. I'll probably go up on the Friday or Saturday and make a weekend of it and visit some friends in Liverpool.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  16. Zav13r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Xav
    l would be up for this-good chance to meet some of you

MickyB likes this.
  17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Bump.

18. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I'm still available, anyone else?

MickyB likes this.
  19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not 100% on whether I'll be able to do the trip at the time, but will confirm ASAP :Smile:

MickyB likes this.
  20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That would be great I think Sunday will be the best for all