Off-Topic Darn Can't Nick these Bavarian Turds anymore

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 3rd Feb, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They've enabled HTTPS to fix the security issue :Rolf::lol::gotcha::taunt:

Why was it not used in the first :brickwall::Whistle:

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    From a developer's perspective, it's terrifying they allowed this to happen in the first place.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Where there's will there's a way. I bet there's other loopholes that can still be exploited LOL
    - - - Updated - - -
    There's actually other manufacturers that have massive security issues on new cars too.

5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:lol:
    Why anyone would want to nick a dog turd is a bit of a mystery to me anyway but the fact there is a problem just gives more proof as to how cr@p BMWs actually are but there will still be bus loads wanting to buy them.

Surely it isn't that hard to publicise how crap German turds really are. Facts and figures are readily available somewhere I'm sure and you can't get sued for telling the truth.

I followed a 1 Series diesel yesterday which was very busy destroying itself from the inside out, judging by the black smoke (well it might have been anthracite :lol: ) it was actually throwing out the back :Rolf:

I'm sure there are tiny spots of very black sludge from it on the front of my car as well....

The disappointment was that it didn't fully self destruct in front of me. Of course I wouldn't've stopped to laugh at it.... :Devil:

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is interesting as Toyota and I assume other car makers have this internet connection capability also, speaking to my son the other day about this system he was very surprised to hear it,s allowed as the access to hackers is now wide open. When I said how can that be a concern he went on to explain how in his mind it would be quite easy to access the cars ECU,s and command actions on the operation of its systems, ie access ,as in this case, the vehicle ,take control engine speed, stop the car via traction , play havoc with the auto box change, mess up dash displays ,the list is endless, the future robbery may include the car slowing down ,stopping, and doors unlocking,someone opens the door forces you out,gets in ,deactivates to normal mode and drives off,maybe even disarm or false info the sat nav so even your position can't be traced ,sounds a it far fetched but according to my son ,who is a program/web developer it's all in the pipeline and already being talked about within the hackers circle, I for one will stick with what I got.

7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They also had an issue where you can unlock the car by hacking in, or something along those lines, there was a spate of thefts linked to it where you didnt need a key to get into the car.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup I remember that too looks like BMW designers are all ex convicts :lawbreaker: making then easier to nick.