Electrical & Lights Dashboard switch lighting

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Pete R, Sunday 28th Oct, 2012.

1. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Hi all. A question from a newbie still finding out about his new car.
    Should the switches to the right of the steering wheel (VSA, Tailgate and Headlamp Height) be illuminated? I tried to open the tailgate the other night and it was like peering into a coal hole!!
    Loving the car so far though, and racked up over 500 miles in 4 days already.
    Cheers Pete.

2. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    The VSA and headlight switches should be illuminated. Guessing the rear hatch button should too. I find my lights are intermittent. Easy enough to change by pulling the plastic dash panel away (the large bit that goes under the steering wheel as well). Honda charge an extortionate amount for the bulbs, but i'm sure they are available cheaper else where. I just have not been bothered to change mine.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Friday 21st Mar, 2014
  4. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    hie forum was wondering if someone can explain what that orange light on my dashboard that is switched on red circle on image. it comes on if you turn the knob that switches on fog lights. pliz see image attached. thanx

Attached Files:

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It means that your fog light is on.

6. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    As above means fog light is on, if you turn back to off then carry on turning in that direction then you'll get a green symbol come on to say your front driving lamps are on with the little squiggles in front of the headlamp symbol slanting downwards.
    Cheers Pete

7. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx didnt know i just though the indicator for fog lights is the green one with the little squiggles pointing downwards. so it means fog lights have two indicators on the dashboard??. iam asking this because I heard the accord CL9 executive has automatic lights so i want know how to activate the automatic lights

Attached Files:

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Aye sorry the yellow light is for rear fog lights and green is for the front. I can't remember if the pre face lift accord has auto lights, I don't think so. My CR-V does and you set it by turning there's head light stalk to the left of the steering wheel to the correct marked position which says Auto.

9. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    oooh ok so it means i have an option to switch on and off the rear fog lights whilst the front are on?

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think so, I know I can have just the front ones on with my CR-V. I twist away from me (anti clockwise) and it clicks into place to put the front fogs on, then twist away again (and it automatically returns to the previous position on the stalk) to activate the rear ones also. Or, with no fog lights on I can twist it towards me (clockwise) to switch on just the rear fog lights. I think. lol