Electrical & Lights Daytime running lights

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by julekasMobilek, Monday 30th May, 2016.

1. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Hello guys, i have bought an Accord, which was from Italy. In that country there are not required to drive with headlights in the day.
    I live in Lithuania, and here it is required to drive with headlamps all day long (and night).

So my Accord, when I turn headlight switch on AUTO position in the day xenons do not light up. But then the night comes, it is automatically turning them on. So the Auto functions is working correctly.

It is possible to make my headlight to turn on in auto function in the daylight?
    I know that there was some other threads with similar questions.

Here are some options to solve this problem:
    • Buy a DRL kit, with LED mounting on the bumper.
    • Use a main beam switch instead of AUTO
    • other?
    the first one I didn't like, because I like OEM, and those LED on the bumper is kinda cheap looking.
    second, using main beam switch is also not an option, because in the day - the navigation screen is very dark (because main beam is used for the night) and also all the dials in the dash also has a very little light up. Yes i can crank the brightness up, but then the night comes, the navigation screen and all the dials are very bright, and i must to turn that down. So I need a proper, original, solution to make my light work with AUTO function.

I started digging in the manual, and found this:
    upload_2016-5-30_10-38-31.

That it is possible to make DRL feature to a car...
    I have also found a Fuse in drivers bootleg compartment:
    upload_2016-5-30_10-39-52.
    The fuse number is 15 and it is a 7.5A.

This fuse was empty, i have populated it with good fuse and there is no win. The headlamps stayed off at night. There is something still missing here. Anybody know what im doing wrong?

Can anybody share maybe a wiring diagrams. I couldn't find it anywhere. Or maybe you came up with some ideas?
    Thank you

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    @julekasMobilek have you found a solution yet ?

if not, I see from other posts that your car is the diesel, and it is LHD of course, but is it Saloon or Tourer
    Also is it
    • N22B-KE-Euro4
    • N22B-KE-Euro5
    • N22B-KN-Euro5
    • N22B-KG-Euro4
    • N22B-KG-Euro5
    I don't think Saloon/Tourer or Euro4/Euro5 could make a difference to the headlight circuits but there are several supplementary circuits listed according to the spec, so best to get the correct pair of circuits (with DRL and without DRL) for you to compare

5. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Could you not just find the day light sensing sensor and cover it over? Thus making it think it's dark all the time?

6. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i think that might turn his satnav to night settings as well (he mentions satnav brightness as a potential issue)

7. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    Oups I missed that bit.
    I wonder if he could disable night mode on the sat nav that's if he wanted to?

8. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

then he has to enable it at night LOL

before I dig out the correct pair of +DRL -DRL circuits, these or other acceptable work-arounds are things he might have found

9. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    None have found. Thinking just to feed xenons with constant plus from battery then ignition is on.

Checked fuse box, left and right xenon have its own fuse.

10. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your car is LHD of course, but is it Saloon or Tourer ?

Also is it
    • N22B-KE-Euro4
    • N22B-KE-Euro5
    • N22B-KN-Euro5
    • N22B-KG-Euro4
    • N22B-KG-Euro5
    I don't think Saloon/Tourer or Euro4/Euro5 could make a difference to the headlight circuits, but there are several supplementary circuits listed according to the spec, so it's best to provide the correct pair of circuits for you to compare ....there are circuits with DRL and without DRL

11. Fordham1984 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was going to say cover the daylight sensor and set the sat nav to work on timed night mode of it has it.

12. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Yes, it is left hand drive, executive, tourer and 2.2 I-DTEC. I think that is euro 5, 110kw

13. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think your car is CW3, must be Euro5 (no idea why Euro4 is listed for 8th Generation Accord)
    If the car is from Italy, area code is probably KF, but KG should be the same

some pretty big circuit diagrams, these are very low resolution

CW3_headlights_withoutDRL_1.
    CW3_headlights_withDRL_1.

I'll go to another PC later and do high-res

14. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Jumped onto this PC about 10 minutes ago, here are the high-res versions

Switches, with DRL

CW3_headlights_withDRL_2a.JPG
    Switches, without DRL

CW3_headlights_withoutDRL_2a.JPG

Lights, with DRL

CW3_headlights_withDRL_2b.JPG

Lights, without DRL

CW3_headlights_withoutDRL_2b.JPG

Although the "dashed" outlines for Xenons is in a different part of the diagrams, the circuitry is the same, except for the fact that there's a relay that puts a feed onto the lights (relay is controlled by MICU, which will get its signal from a switch). If you want to introduce a relay, that's where/how to do it, with separate/individual switch for the relay. Note that there might be a spare fuse for this #29

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is just a quick one it was told to me by a auto electrician recently so I thought I'd look at it.
    You said number 1 isn't an option as you don't like the LED's on the bumper. Well you can actually get a set that fits inside your headlights. Luckily I found an Accord with them fitted.
    Don't know if this has now given you another option
    image.

16. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If he covers the sensor to fool it into thinking it's night time, and then sets the sat nav to daytime mode, he can adjust the brightness.
    Wouldn't this be easier?

17. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

pass ....he says he would then have to change it back at night (AFAIK the satnav auto-adjusts in the 8th Generation, so if you cover the light sensor and set the satnav bright, you've defeated the auto-adjust)

basically, he was asking for the circuit diagrams to see if there's something missing on the cars without DRL, and there is, a relay.

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The sat nav brightness has three settings:
    1 Day time (Light background)
    2 Night time (Dark background)
    3 Auto (Changes from 1-2 via the sensor)

1 and 2 can also have the brightness altered.

I have mine set to day time as I have my side lights on whenever I use the car.

19. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

my impression is that he wanted to know if there was a way to get DRL working, or retro-fit DRL, without having to alter the ergonomics of anything else. If he fits a relay as in the circuit diagram, he can.

Having said that I've also been wondering why he wants the xenons on in daylight, maybe Lithuania requires headlights on as well, in which case he needs circuit diagrams for KS region.

@julekasMobilek does Lithuania require headlights on as DRL ?

20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I believe, from what he's said, headlights are required in the daytime over there.
    If this can be achieved by re-configuring it to work automatically, then that makes sense. However, I'd just do it manually each time.

I'm sure there must be a way to get it to work. (Beyond my ability though :dunce: )