Body, Paint & Styling De badge

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Tim Martin, Wednesday 2nd Mar, 2016.

1. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tim Hertfordshire
    I'm considering removing the accord badge on the left side of my boot just to give a minamalist look to the rear of my 2.4 exec.

Has anyone done this. It appears that a hairdryer and dental floss are a popular method for debadging cars. What i am unsure about is if the badge is simply glued on or if there are ridges where the badge may be pushed into and require filling afterwards.

Comments and suggestions much appreciated

Tim

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup dental floss and heater is the best way to do it . don't get the heat concentrated on the paint too much otherwise you will damage the paint.,

Also have alcohol wipes or IPA to get rid off all the glue off the paint when its removed.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks

You reakon the Honda badge is just glued?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    It is yes - the H emblem itself has studs securing it but the name itself if just stuck on. The process as described by CJ is right - get the badge nice and hot, but don't overdo it so you cause the paint to bubble, then get the dental floss, and work it back and forth pulling it slightly towards you and away from the paintwork at all times. When the badge is removed, it will leave behind some really tough traces of the adhesive - use the IPA or methylated spirits to clean it all up. Neither will damage the paintwork.

5. Tim Martin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Great

Thanks both for your advice. Might give it a go at the weekend and post pics if successful.

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Take it nice and slow. They are stuck on very well as they are supposed to last the life of the car