Off-Topic Death of a Honda dealership

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by demon-knight, Wednesday 28th Nov, 2012.

1. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is always two sides to a story but if the dealers did not want to expand then you have to look at other opportunities.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wonder if two mills will sell that NSX sign and other bits :Wassat: plenty of Honda collectors will snap that up.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ah well, if you go on about the Wirral being in Cheshire and not Merseyside, don't be upset if you have to drive to Chester...

5. IDTEC Special Partner Club Affiliate

Lee Cheshire
    It is a huge shame about Two Mills, I feel for the staff and hope they all sort out other employment very soon. Many dealers are not having a good time at the moment and many more will fall before it gets any better.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If I am right it may be HH group who win own this new site, I recall this conversation whilst speaking to the franchise director.

7. IDTEC Special Partner Club Affiliate

Lee Cheshire
    You are correct CJ

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would like to see this new Honda dealership as it will be the new generation of Honda dealership as seen here http://hondakarma.com/threads/2097/

HH any plans to renovate to this new standards?

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Interestingly, the Honda dealer with whom I deal has changed hands, and is now Lightcliffe Honda whereas it was formerly Lookers Honda. I understand that Honda removed the franchise from Lookers and handed it to Lightcliffe. Consequently, all of the old Lookers Honda in the Lancashire/ Merseyside area are now Lightcliffe.

The staff at the Southport branch where I deal with are the same, but I get the impression Lightcliffe are more "go ahead" then Lookers. Certainly. they have more offers on servicing and purchase then Lookers had, and I have been more than happy with their customer service. Apparently, Honda scrutinise dealers very closely, and I was asked to make sure that I gave Honda a favourable report when they contact me about my buying experience. Needless to say, I didn't need any persuading as I have been more than satisfied with Lightcliffe.

10. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rich merging your thread to this.