Exhaust System Decided to keep

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Frvsn05, Wednesday 27th Jul, 2016.

1. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David Rosyth
    Ok I decided to keep my FR-V ( don't ask why I don't know either). Took it to a garage to have a look at rear brakes. Anyway after few hours front and rear discs and pads done, drop links done and alternator done. 160 turns to 479. Anyway still got a few things to sort on it. So best place to look for a oil sump would be? Also I have to change exhaust from the cat back. So thinking do I now put on a new like for like or do I go sporty? There's a few other things needing done so will be looking for more info shortly

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @Frvsn05 good to hear that the FR-V is staying.
    Even though I am sure the extra expenditure hurts but think of it as preventive maintenance that will ensure the car doesn't give you any trouble now that you are keeping it might as well fix it.. better the devil you know.

Why do need a new oil sump?
    Exhaust wise, to keep costs down you can buy one from EuroCarParts.. they are having a 25% sale with code SALE25 so will hurt less than a sporty exhaust, which you can always get one you have the cash available but really up to you..

Let us know what other things you need to address and we will try and help you out as much as we can.

3. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Need a new oil sump as the garage said the one on car just now is badly corroded and damp. So was thinking a new one then I know it's sorted. Are Honda oil sump all standard?
    And will have a look at eurocar parts

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oh.. Just the other day another Scottish member had to get his sump changed due to road salt corrosion.

Regarding which sump will fit, I would imagine any K20 sump will fit but then again it might be different for different applications. I know ehy you asking though as there are plenty Accord ones out there compared to FRVs.

Will be interesting to know what others think.

5. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

And while am keeping it I might as well do what I want to it eh lol. So will be doing a lot of brain picking at somepoint

6. RobsyUK Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Milton Keynes
    If Civics use the same engine / sump I'd go for an alloy one. Lighter and rust free.

I heard the FR-V exhaust was alloy as standard but I guess that's not the case.

If you go after market is love to know what as I'd love a little burble for my auto

7. Frvsn05 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's what I thought the exhaust was alloy as standard. My one is the original one the mechanic said. I was thinking maybe a Type-R exhaust, twin tailpipe. But not sure yet.