Optional Extras Decision to make: to rail, or not to rail

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Rob T, Wednesday 15th Jun, 2016.

1. Rob T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Edinburgh
    So, watching a few games during the Euros I noticed Honda have relaunched the Black Edition TV advertising campaign, and the car they're showing has roof rails (as did the one they showed at the Geneva motor show in February). Got in touch with the dealer, who tells me that they have made 255 more Black Editions, all of which come with rails as standard. "We can fit rails to your Black Edition" he tells me, "£345 fitted, plus £225 for the cross bars"

Have been in touch with Honda UK and just received an email apologising profusely & asking what would be the best resolution for me.
    Kinda suspect that if I get back to them saying I want rails, they'll fit them gratis.

Now I'm in a quandary - rails would be really useful (for my bike carriers & roof box), but they're only available in brushed aluminium, which I'm not 100% sure fits with the blacker than black bodywork or the chrome trim. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHH - can't decide.

:help:

With:
    Honda-CR-V-Black-edition-side-at-GIMS-2016.
    Without:
    110570_20160529_164600.

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Although I like the look of yours more than the one with shiny bits on top, but as you say, they will quite useful to you. So maybe get them on and at a later date get a shop to colour match them?

3. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Can't beat gratis ! Go for it, I suppose you could always change colour at a later date ?

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Get them fitted!

They look fine - see mine for example: The Tumbler (Show Us Your Car - )

Of course, these are standard on the EX model.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

+1 for getting them fitted.

Good to hear that Honda seem to be interested and wanting to help too.

6. Rob T Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Rob Edinburgh
    Decision: made :Thumbup:
    Many mercis to Honda, took a month of badgering but they eventually sent me the rails F.O.C. 20160730_120502.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

It was worth the effort. :likeit:

Rob T likes this.
  8. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Looks good! Can't beat free goodies!