Definitive 7th Generation Sat Nav Thread

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by PeteMM, Sunday 13th Jul, 2014.

1. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    As this is a topic I am curious about, has anyone successfully retrofitted the satnav and HFT systems into their accord.

If so what components, wiring and ingenuity is required to make them function properly?

If I happen upon any good gen either on here or Elsewhere I will copy and paste, but it's always good to see what others have managed first hand.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I believe that you need:
    • Sat Nav Head Unit
    • Upper Vent Panel with LCD Screen
    • Sat Nav Drive
    • Sat Nav Disc
    • GPS Antenna
    • Loom?
    As I have decided to break my '03, I actually have all the parts going except for the Sat Nav drive. With that you need to be very careful, as the units are known for lens problems which normally requires the drive to be sent to Alpine for repair, at just over £150.

@Duc de Pommfrit brought all the parts to retrofit his system, I'm not sure if he completed it or not. There's also a bit more information in this thread, though bare in mind @msantimanzano's findings are firstly based off a USDM Accord Coupe (same interior) and on the later voice activated system which isn't compatible with your car.

The retrofit for the Sat Nav can be done easily as my '03 had it (albeit with a broken drive), but not the Facelift HFT system. That would require an extreme amount of extra parts including dash cluster, steering wheel, dome lights (with built-in mic) and main dash wiring loom - possibly ECU as well (which I will actually have for sale too).
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There was also this thread where @Paul_The_Human retro fitted the Sat Nav system but had trouble finding the VSS wire to tap off. Maybe some useful info in that thread.
  4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Still not got round to fitting it yet, plus still not purchased the loom, let down by a company who promised me one or DVD disc.
    My HFT system is not compatible and I have a non premium sound system, so will need to look into what I require to upgrade.

Spent some cash collecting the bits so far, just need time to get things sorted.