Electrical & Lights Deflation warning system.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by ElMachar, Saturday 22nd Mar, 2014.

1. ElMachar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 1.6i dtec has a permanent tire pressure warning showing. This happened when I had had the car ten days - there was no problem with the tyre pressures and there had been no obvious traumas to the steering/suspension on the journey. The car is new and I am waiting for the supplier to source an English language handbook (I am in Spain - manana is not just a phrase here, it is a way of life). The journey was in fact a fifty minute journey to collect the English handbook! Unfortunately, when I handed over the Spanish handbook in exchange I did not check the new item. It was the English manual, but for the Civic!
    In the Civic book it shows a 'Deflation Warning System Initialisation'; I assume there is the same, or a reset routine for the CR-V. Could one of you kind people have a look in your handbook and let me know what the reset procedure is?
    To forestall any helpful comments, my dealer is 100km away and I cannot get there until Wednesday at the earliest. It would, at the very least, be helpful to be able to tell them the reset did not work. But, there again, it might work and I will not have to undertake an unneccessary journy!

Thanks for reading.
    Ian

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes the Civic and the CR-V share the same system, I think its time to post a DWS thread up. As this is proping up a lot.

The light will on for a calibration issue which the HDS can easily sort this out, your dealer will have the MVCI to sort this out.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CRV Deflation Warning System Initialization.JPG

To assist you try this for now

Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
    NOTE: Vehicle must be stopped with the transmission in P or N.
    Press and hold the INFO button (A) for more than 3 seconds to enter the customizing mode.
    Press the INFO button repeatedly until symbol (B) is displayed, then press the SEL/RESET button (C).
    Select ‘‘OK’’ by pressing the INFO button, then press the SEL/RESET button to set.
    NOTE:
    • If ‘‘COMPLETE’’ is displayed in the multi-information display, deflation warning system learning procedure is completed.
    • If ‘‘FAILED’’ is displayed in the multi-information display, go to the symptom troubleshooting.

4. ElMachar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I shall try this in the morning.

Ian

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem Ian I have also posted a thread in how DWS works and gives you an overview, Hope you resolve your issue. Keep us posted mate.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just for future reference, the thread was posted here.

7. ElMachar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, here we are again! The next morning I tried the remedy posted by Ichiban, I tried the system shown in my (English) Civic handbook, and I tried the system shown in the American 4th Generation handbook I downloaded from the net. And then, I tried all available combinations of the three systems! No Luck. On Monday i trotted off down to the farage that had given me the handbook, and asked to swap it with the Spanish-language book I had exchanged for the incorrect book. Five minutes later, problem solved. ( if I had read Beefys reply on the other thread I could have saved myself a journey - you have to get the 'book' symbol up on the screen in front of the driver before you can access the tyre pressure warning.
    Thanks all for your help, hopefully I shall have no more problems and I can continue to enjoy my lovely, dirty new car.
    Thanks
    Ian

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Blame me Its was my oversight , if I win the lottery will fly out and detail your car bud. :telloff:

9. ElMachar Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No blame is due to anybody - and, problem is now solved.
    Good luck with the lottery, I hate car cleaning!

Ian

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any chance of seeing your 1.6 CR-V Ian ?