Off-Topic Dell Outlet Delivery

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunkylover53, Tuesday 22nd Jul, 2014.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I ordered a tablet off them last Friday - order was confirmed on Monday (21/07) and I have been informed that delivery is going to be on the 5th of August!

How can it take 15 days to deliver a tablet that has already been made! All they have to do is pack and ship it - is the ETA accurate or will they deliver earlier if anybody has ordered from them before?

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Aren't dells made in Ireland ? Not a million miles away it's an overnight jobby..

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They were probably advertising something that wasn't actually ready to ship yet.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is why it's called rope-a-dope? Sorry Michael Dell..

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Well, he did just take the company back private. They might once again become the reliable Dell of old.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why do I need to bite my tongue .LOL ..

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

But the tablet I ordered was a customer return so its already been built - all they have to do is wipe, pack and send, Heck the last time I ordered (10yrs ago) they built the desktop from scratch + sent a monitor etc within 5 days!

8. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ordered an XPS2720 21/6/14, delivery promise 7/7/14 arrived 24/7/14 (from China)

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

XPS 27 is an absolute gem of an AIO but over a month for delivery is despicable - especially for a product commanding such a high price tag. Surely you were able to get some sort of compensation off them!

10. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Extremely sorry for error in original it should have read - ordered an XPS2720 21/6/14, delivery promise 7/7/14 arrived 24/6/14 (from China).

Dell have always been good for service and delivery for my needs.