Queries & Feedback Delta wheels

Discussion in 'Holdcroft Honda' started by vygec, Monday 14th Jan, 2013.

1. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Could you provide a price for the delta wheel set installed with tyres please?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ring them bud you will get a faster response.

3. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep they don't have time to reply to posts or emails, call them and mention AOC discount.

The wheels are about £180 each

Genuine Honda Accord 18 Delta Alloy Wheel [08W18SMR600F] - £150.64 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

Tyres needed will be 225/40/R18, fairly reasonable Falken tyres start at £85 each in that size.

The delta's are lovely wheels, but that diamond cut and lacquered face will be susceptible to road salt corrosion after a few years, the lacquer will lift leaving white marks and bubbles.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have Deltas on my car and tyres are 225/45/18 on mine.

5. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for this info. Hearing that the lacquer lifts, has me in two minds now though. I've phoned HH, just waiting back for a price.

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't have direct experience with those wheels, but if you look around at cars with similar diamond cut lacquered alloys they seem to look manky after 4 or 5 years or so, lots of VWs and Mercs have this type of wheel finish. Would then need refinishing at approx £50 upwards per wheel.

Honda ones might be fine....I don't know.

I think Zoran and CJ have them so they will be along I'm sure to comment.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Deltas on my car are just over 4 years old now and looks really good.There is few patches that look like rust but very small and hardly noticeable.They need to be cleaned more often and sealed after wash with good wheel sealant.Happy with how mine looks at the moment.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have lacquer peel in a few area,spider of white corrosion but the paint is perfect. I have had deltas on my 7th Generation for 4 years too

Its all the diamond cut area which are prone to corrosion nothing like seen on early 7th Generation wheels but annoying. if deltas were solely used as summer wheels from April to October they will last for a long time before corrosion grips them.

Winters salt batters them..

9. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

HH can you give me a price for a set of Delta's please

EDIT I will just ring you its faster :Thumbup: