Electrical & Lights demisting

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by vygec, Wednesday 4th Sep, 2013.

1. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This morning the rear window was quite fogged up. So hit the demist rear button, this took 20 minutes to completely demist the whole rear screen. Is this normal?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like you had condensation, I've had this before when the air inside the boot has been a bit damp. It always takes longer to clear, but if it clears it must be working,

3. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok thanks. i start my commute at 6.30 every morning. so i'll keep an eye to see if this is a regular occurrence. i still have a couple of months left on warranty, so was keen on getting this resolved if it was indeed a problem.

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is the mist on the outside of the window? Sometimes I get it on the outside like when its on the mirrors that takes longer to clear with the demister

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's a good point Dave. I've had a lot of condense on the outer screen all week.

6. vygec Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yep, the mist was indeed on the outside. This morning it took 15 minutes to clear, it just seems quite long to what I've been used to my previous cars

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If it's on the outside it's going to take ages to shift it with the rear demister as thats for when its the inside thats fogged up the heat has to travel through the glass and then evaporate off all that water.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    For mist/condensation on the outside, I normally use a long blade rubber wiper before I get in the car.
    Unfortunately this year my long blade wiper has gone walkies :Angry:

9. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use an Auto Glym flexi water blade which is very good for getting rid of condensation on the outside of the windows, they are a bit expensive but well worth it. They need to be kept clean so as not to scratch the windows.

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just use my rear wiper :Whistle:

11. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Me too ;-)

12. Boglost Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sad to say, but compared to the rear screen demister on our Megane the Accord is pretty hopeless!