Engine & Gearbox dents on the counter shaft

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dinoc, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Hi guys,

My friend bought a brand new 4.7 final drive kit (with counter shaft and bearing) in order to replace his 4.3 FD.
    Long story short, during the shipment over sea, he found his counter shaft with a few dents on it.

He wants to know if he can still use it without any issues or should he buy another counter shaft?

I'm attaching some pictures with the counter shaft so you could see the dents on it.

What do think? Can this still be used (after smoothing out those dents) or not?

IMG-20150306-WA0004. IMG-20150306-WA0005. IMG-20150306-WA0006.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've seen those marks on the countershaft before.

I've got a countershaft in my garage, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @dinoc have you not added your car to the Club Garage ?

3. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Hi mate, I'm not talking about the marks on the middle those are from factory I think are for oil lubrication or something, I'm talking about those additional ones (made during shipment).

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    If your sure its damage during shipment then send it back. You can take your chances with it but regards repair ime not sure much can be done.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Oh right sorry yes, had another look at the pictures. These are quite bad, I wouldn't use that shaft, as @Beefy says, probably best to speak to seller and get them swapped or refunded.

6. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I see, well is not the seller's fault (his USA cousin re-packed it wrong) , anyway it looks like he has to buy a new counter shaft then.
    Do you have a 4.7 countershaft for sale? :Smile: ( you mentioned that you have one)

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team