General Deposit left and picking 8th Generation on Saturday after 7 months of looking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhinogolf, Monday 27th Aug, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Well after 7 months of looking for auto 8th Generation have finally found a manual 2.2 I-DTEC Ex took awhile to get here twice let down by sellers only last wk agreed price was going to collect next day only for dealer to phone later that evening to tell me he had sold it. Have left deposit today after test drive and can collect next Saturday :Happy::Happy::Happy:

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Congrats Dave

Didn't fancy the auto in the end?

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats Dave
    Post some pics when you get it:GoodJob:

4. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Came down to cost in the end and could not find auto in my budget plus the few I test drove MPG was very poor on trip computer readings so with extra 3-4k would of cost and 3yrs of difference in fuel costs 4-5p a mile over 3yrs I will keep as taxi was a no brainer in fuel costs alone

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Glad you found a car you want Dave. what every you do don't get it remapped the car is your livelihood you want reliability.

6. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Well garage phoned today rear parking sensor out will be repaired on Wednesday can collect as planned sat and return Wednesday to be fixed as auto electrician on hols or collect Wednesday decided wait til Wednesday,what's 5 more days

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Garage just phoned there auto electrician could not solve problem needs to goto Honda they said they don't have the money in the car to do this they were willing to knock £200 off or would refund me my deposit what do you reckon I should do??? Need quick replays please

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Parking sensor issues can be down to a individual sensor being faulty or the parking sensor unit itself or it a simple hard code rest of the unit.( I will see if i can't find the process for you on my car)

200 pound is not sufficient drop and if a non Honda technician has been looking at it they must have spliced and diced a number of cables to look for the fault and given up.

I would aim for 550 drop to cover your hit otherwise walk away.

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I agree with CJ Dave, you want a fault free car, so they fix it. Their profit margin is not your problem.

10. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Well bought the car with the rear parking sensor fault could not let this go only got £200 knocked off but seems fine

11. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Congrats anyway Dave, if you can live without them no worries, I don't have them either and I don't find it a problem.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congratulations Dave, let see the car when you get it .

I will look if we can do a self diagnostics on the sensors or a procedure to find the fault. don't forget use the correct DPF oil for your new car or continuing to use the C2 oil you bought from HH.

13. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Thats sounds good mate if you can inbox me with a date to suit i shall be there.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  15. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Cheers mate looking forward to it