Body, Paint & Styling Detaching/Removing H emblem from front grill ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Monday 28th Sep, 2015.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

Can anyone share some tips on how to remove the H emblem from the front grill without having to break the latching/locking mechanism?

Thanks.

f6MA0rJ.

2. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    No actual experience of this but....
    I would take a small sharp flat bladeed screwdriver or pick and gently bend back the tangs on those silver coloured clips until they can be prised free of the plastic posts. You can then tap them back into shape with a small hammer or the handle of a large screwdriver/prybar to enable them to be refitted. The tangs shouldn't break off as long as you don't bend then back too far.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    They're always a lot of fun to remove. You can work them up slowly with a flathead screwdriver usually. I'm sure @Beefy might have a suggestion as to how it's done properly.

4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i'll put some lubricating oil, and will use a very small flathead screwdriver to pry the holding metals bit by bit. It would be annoying if i cannot re-use the H emblem if i break the plastic bit.

Will update this thread once I managed to remove the emblem (hopefully by the end of the week).

Thanks for the suggestions

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those cir-clips are impossible to remove without damaging the legs on the H logo. I have done loads of these emblem changes and those cir-clips grip like super glue. There is no tool no procedure to remove them without damaging them.

The easiest way to so snap the legs off the H logo you need to order a new logo with two new circlips. Trust me I have wasted hours on it.

6. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i haven't attempted to do this, but if it is too much of a hassle, i might just leave it there ..

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    New logo and new clips are not expensive if it came to do it.