Detailing Detailing in Serbia

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Amused, Tuesday 21st May, 2013.

1. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi folks...

Looks like detailing is becoming more and more popular in my part of Europe as well...

As I bought a second hand 2009 Accord saloon, I decided to visit a guy that does something like detailing (although I would not dare call it real detailing).

So what he did (in no particular order):

washed the car - 2 bucket method
    clayed it
    polished it
    cleaned the engine
    cleaned the interior
    applied rain repellent
    applied some special nano stuff to the seats
    applied Opti Coat 2.0

Product-wise, he used Meguiar's, GTechniq, Dodo Juice, Sonax and Opti Coat 2.0.

Here are some before and after pics

IMG_9008. View attachment 9560 IMG_9017. View attachment 9562 IMG_9021. IMG_9023.

intruder likes this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks good.Some bad swirls and scratches in first picture really noticeable on black cars.
    I had my car machine polished recently and its swirls free for now.
    Good job, like it.

3. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, he removed the swirls, but there are some scratches and stone chips that wouldn't go away with polishing, so I ordered some touch-up paint from my stealer to try and fix those by myself.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Looks a pretty good from the pictures ... so out of curiosity just wondering why you said "although I would not dare call it real detailing" ?

5. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Because the guy that worked on the car was sloppy with some areas, but I attribute that to long hours of working...

Real detailers work for several days with a car, mine was done in less than 24 hrs. But is was good job though.

All in all, I paid almost 300 euros for the job. Perhaps I expected a bit more.