Daily Driver dfour's Accord Cl9

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by dfour, Sunday 20th Mar, 2016

1. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
  2. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Just bought the car,body needs some polish and headlights too.Got to get rid of those ugly aftermarket mats!

3. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Previous owner didn't really clean the car,look at that!That was about 2 minutes work...
    ndCMWpi.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good work that has come up really well !

5. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Thanks,probably going to take them off and give it a good clean then,not much space to work with.

I see alot of people have a custom user interface on the satnav screen,i'm very interested in this. What are my options?I have a android TV stick that i could use for this...

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There are some threads on this already. Have a search. It's easier to display stuff on the Facelift models as then have a composite input into the display.
    Pre-face list is trickier but I should be doing a full DIY guide soon on this very topic.

The only problem with using an Android stick is how will you control it ?

7. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    I think i will go the xcarlink/grom route,i just want a way to play usb/sd/android

I have a BT keyboard for the android stick.

This one is correct right? GROM-AND2

8. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    106916_02041601-page-001.
    It was needed.Now everything is at factory specs.

Oil and filters also done.And adjusted the throttle cable,huge difference! Happy Accord again.

9. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Next week i'm gonna look at the brakes,new pads and disc.

It's been a month now that i'm driving the Accord so i have some feelings already :Wink:

My thoughts at this moment are
    (Keep in mind i've driven a '02 A4 Avant for 9 years and 125k miles)

Pro's
    -Handling ; probably the best FWD handling i've driven so far.I know exactly what the car will do,absolutely love it.
    -Gearbox ; very direct shifting feel,waay better then most cars! I do have to put it in 3rd and then reverse when cold or its grinding gears. Not synchronized,i know.
    -Comfort ; it's not like my previous '02 A4,but i do get a lot better handling so exactly what i was expecting from Honda.
    -Seats ; Supportive enough,the headrest has almost no use again,why do so many cars have this? (i've driven a e class merc for a year as taxi and the headrests were amazing!)
    -Engine ; Love how she purrs and power is enough for the car,i'm still getting used to the loss of torque coming from a diesel offcourse and sometimes it does not feel like 190 BHP,more like 150...
    -Fuel usage ; very good for this engine size and car weight. I'm getting around 31 MPG with a lot of city driving,some VTEC joy along the way.

Con's
    -Tramlining ; at first i was very upset about this but I've been driving a boat for the past 9 years with no road feel whatsoever.
    -Paint quality ; average at best,my 14 year old A4 its paint looked way better even after 200k miles
    -Interior noise ; Its very squeeky where i drive/live,probably the worst roads in Belgium so that's expected (especially the dashboard and somewhere in the rear)
    -Cruise control location ; not intuitive IMO (i was used to Audi their little stalk under the indicators,felt so natural.)

That's about it for now.

Still happy with the purchase and ready to go to some trackdays!

legend-ary likes this.
  10. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Good to hear your honest feedback on the Accord and brief comparison to your previous motor. I don't own an Accord but in my Jazz sometimes the dashboard squeaks a bit on rougher roads specially in cold weather but after a bit of heat directed towards the windscreen the noise goes away however as some experts here have mentioned, Japanese cars use a lot of clips to hold interior together and once you remove panels you should either replace clips or use insulation foam on old ones so maybe it is worth investigating.

Paint wise, Honda is known to have one of the softest paint in auto industry.

Hopefully you have a long trouble-free stint with the Accord.. out of curiosity, why did you switch to Accord instead of another A4 perhaps?

11. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Well i don't really like that front grill Audi started to use the model after mine (a4 b7) so they all look the same now IMO...and i really wanted a true naturally aspirated petrol before they are all small displacement turbo petrols with a bit lighter feel then the A4.
    Oh and it had to be a Jap,seeing they are always at top of the reliability charts.I was looking at a mx5 (too small) ,Civic ep2 ,(i'm a sedan/break guy) and some other small cars,but i need the space too.

Always loved the CL7-9 model since i first saw them.Almost bought a JDM euro R but the RHD put me off.
    After half a year i finally found this CL9 (you really don't find any decent ones in Belgium,especially the k24)low mileage,service record and pretty good shape overall.

The only thing bothering me now is that dreaded clutch master cylinder,that's something i didn't expect.Oh and i still need to fix that upper LCD display..

Got the chance to take somewhat decent pictures!
    108043_IMG_6931rearbw.
    108044_IMG_6944sider.
    108046_IMG_6939front.
    108047_IMG_6937front.

jazzway, kokkss and legend-ary like this.
  12. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    115927_IMG_7219.

jazzway and legend-ary like this.
  13. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Wow! Stunning photos of your car, Tom!!

14. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Thanks,just got the new lens so more to come :Wink:

update on the Accord,

After 7500 miles now we can get a sense how the engine is doing i think .
    So a bit before the 6200m service mark the oil started to get very low,this was its first time on Helix 10w40 (service sheet indicated that it had run 10w40 ,thats it,brand or type no idea)

Now 1500m in i see no change and i've driven it pretty hard last weeks with the warm weather here so i'm feeling positive.

Handling is still twitchy sometimes especially on windy days so i will have to replace the compliance bushings in front.

Took care of this mess...
    mRQcSmE.
    A3QrUk3.
    Why o why use silicone ..

And went to a festival and got nicked too,that's why i don't want to get the exterior perfect,its a waste of money for a daily car IMO.People are careless!

53csDau.

So winter is coming (lol) and i'm gonna have to get a new battery,its from 2008 so i don't have much confidence in that.

I'm trying to find a CT Icebox intake somewhere,its not that easy as they are from the US, does someone have any idea where i can get it near their prices?

legend-ary likes this.
  15. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Allright.
    Got her ready for the 'winter'
    vMjM2MDc3OTI5MzU4OTUwNDAwL0RTQ18wOTgwLkpQRyJ9.WJWRGRl6iAhTQFPlIgsKfClE9Dk?width=2000&height=1125.

And a new OEM battery with cox motor parts,damn cheap compared to Belgian dealers (they asked 150€ here and i got it with cox for 80€ delivered..madness)

I actually like the black wheels on the silver body,might respray the OEM 16's then.

Do you people notice the shine?Not bad at all for a 11 year old Honda right?

jazzway and SpeedyGee like this.
  16. dfour Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Belgium Bruges
    Also got some shots up with the OEM floor mats and a very shiny car.
    118353_int.
    118352_schiny.

rinesh, jazzway and SpeedyGee like this.