Service & Maintenance Diagnostics menu

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by v6Echo, Monday 14th Mar, 2016.

1. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone familiar with the diagnostics menu? I entered it in order to drop back to a previously used sat nav dvd as I was getting disk reading errors on a replacement one. Managed to do this but could not get out of the menu, stuck on a part that required choosing between left or right handle. Anyone know what this refers to please? I have now been able to exit the menu but I am curious for future reference. Is there any info available on the diagnostics menu? I appreciate it is for the dealer really but it is nice to enhance understanding and knowledge of the vehicle.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think that may be Japlish For left- or right-hand steering wheel. I think it's steering handle in Japanese.

4. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes that checks out thanks. I entered "steering wheel" in google translate , then used the result to go back to english and it gave "handle". At the time I thought it may mean left or right hand drive but because choosing either option failed to let me proceed I started to doubt it. I had another go and then realised that it was waiting for me to test the microphone. As soon as I completed that, the option to exit appeared. So problem solved now.

5. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Actually, that vaguely dings a dong...I think it hands the overhead microphones (the pair being used for the noise-cancelling hardware), rather than changing the display.