General Diameter Of Nozzle On Diesel Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Can anybody tell me the external diameter of the nozzle on a diesel fuel pump. The reason that I need this is for a friend who will make me a device so that I can put 2SO in my 2013 CR-V EX. I have posted before about the new CR-V having a safety device on the fuel filler so that it is impossible to make a mistake and fill up with petrol. There is an iris like obstruction in the fuel filler that only opens when you insert a diesel nozzle.

2. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Brilliant! Thanks for that.

4. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tried to fill up my CR-V today and couldn't get the diesel nozzle into filler - the misfuelling device wouldn't release. I tried two different diesel pumps and no joy. It's been fine until today.

The trip computer was showing only 65 miles to go, but fortunately I wasn't too far from the dealers. Their mechanic had a look and compared it to another diesel CR-V they had on the forecourt and you could see that mine had part of the misfuelling mechanism hanging in the way. I had to leave it with them, and now have a Jazz on loan.

One thing may interest you Robbie - the mechanic took an adapter device out of the boot of the other CR-V. It was a black pipe about 4 - 5 inches long with a thinner section to go in the fuel filler. He tried fitting it in the filler on my car, but it wouldn't go passed the faulty part either. Might be worth checking if you have one of these in your boot ? I can't check if mine has one at the moment.

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    That's interesting. I haven't seen anything like that in mine, but I'll have a look in the spare wheel well.

- - - Updated - - -

I 'phoned my dealer who told me that there should be something with the jack in the wheel well. Looked inside, and underneath the jack there is a black tube with a small funnel at one end. Problem solved. I haven't managed to digest all of the handbook yet, so no doubt it will be mentioned there.