Pre-Purchase Did they make an EX GT with the 2.4?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by stonesfan, Sunday 26th Oct, 2014.

1. stonesfan Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stonesfan London
    Hi all

Am a regular poster on another Accord forum but thought I'd spread the constant questions about the 8th around a bit. Simply really, am quite probably in the market for an 8th Generation. The only must not have is a sunroof as I'm 6'5 and this affects head room. I know the ES GT is a popular model readily available with the diesel and 2 litre petrol. The EX GT seems pretty rare and I've only seen it in diesel guise. Just interested to know whether my ideal car which is an EX GT 2.4 auto is even out there.

Thanks again.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Morning @stonesfan, first off the engine options for each trim:

Pre-Facelift:
    prefacelift-options-2008.

Pre-Facelift Update (2010):

prefacelift-options.

Facelift:

facelift-options.

The reason for the EX GT rarity is that it was only made for two years before they withdrew it. It only came with the N22B I-DTEC like the Type-S (albeit without the turbo/performance modifications).

The sunroof only came on the EX and EX GT, you're safe with an ES GT :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Amended the post slightly.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The EX-GT had the darker chrome accents all over the car than the rest of the other models which are chrome , to me it looked like nickel plating it was fabulous wish Honda did that now.

A lot of people won't have noticed that the difference or even know about it.