Bulletins & Advisories Diesel Automatic Transmission Selection Problems (D Light Flashing)

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Service News, Saturday 22nd Dec, 2012.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    This TSB # SM-04-003-00 was released dated 21-12-12 for all 2013 RE6

The Symptoms
    The owner may experience the following problems with the AT selection under the following circumstances.
    • The MIL (Malfunction indicator Lamp aka Engine light turned ON with "D" light flashing on Auto gear selector.
    • After engine start, drive selection lever cannot be moved from Park.
    • And / or - While driving, gear position is fixed in 4th gear in "Drive" or "Sport" range.
    • And / or - After stopping, if R is selected, transmission stays in neutral.

The Cause
    Insufficient earth path to the Transmission Control Unit (TCU) due to the fitment of non earth type bolt at Swindon.

The Fix
    Replace the correct TCU bracket bolt with a paint cutting earth bolt.

Bolt Identification Information
    The incorrect TCU Bracket fixing bolt with large integrated washer.
    AOCUK CRV Diesel A-T Selection Problems TSB 1.

This bolt is incorrect and requires replacement

Paint cutter style bolt (90149-SE0-003) with small integrated washer.

AOCUK CRV Diesel A-T Selection Problems TSB 2.

This is the correct bolt and should be fitted in place of the above bolt.

Location of this bolt on UK spec cars

AOCUK CRV Diesel A-T Selection Problems TSB 3.

Replace with Earth Bolt 90149-SE0-003 and torque to 12Nm.

If you have a Auto I-DTEC CR-V with the above symptoms please book your car into the nearest dealer for this bolt.

hughezee likes this.
  2. hughezee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart Staffordshire
    Re: 2013 CR-V Diesel Automatic Transmission Selection Problems (D Light Flashing)

Talk about choosing the right club one stop shop for the right info, I've resolved this niggle on a couple of occasions not knowing there was even TSB on it, old skool testing:Happy:Score

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: 2013 CR-V Diesel Automatic Transmission Selection Problems (D Light Flashing)

Anyone noticed the radiator cap missing ? this car will overheat after that fix:Rolf:

4. hughezee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart Staffordshire

Well spotted also the oil filler cap is still loose should be at 10 o'clock, well that's Swindon for you :Blushing:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Hawk-eye:eek: stu

hughezee likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham

On a BMW that would probably cause hunting, erratic idle and all sorts :Rolf:

7. hughezee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart Staffordshire

Tinkering with one of those GERM'S sunday :Frown:

8. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

That was happening to my Prelude ( hunting ) when I tried the plug leads and lost spark. After having to replace coil it was still doing it but I then spotted a small drip of water coming from the belt cover area, so quick check and the radiator was low. I have ordered new set of belts and water pump just to be sure its all done right. probably when I do it I will find a loose water connection :Happy:but hey at least I know its all new :Happy: