Engine & Gearbox Diesel Crankcase Ventilation - where does it re-enter the intake system?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Dakapitan, Wednesday 30th Apr, 2014.

1. Dakapitan New Member Getting Started

UK
    Honda Accord 8th Generation.

2.2 I-DTEC engine.

There is a pipe (approx. 100mm diameter) from the intake after the air filter that goes into the end of the valve cover. This brings in fresh air to the crankcase to flush out the bypass gasses. Those bypass gasses eventually end up in the combustion chamber.

Where do I find the connection or pipe where the bypass gasses re-enter the intake system? It will be a separate pipe to the one that brings in the fresh air.

There will also be a valve on that pipe between the crankcase and intake system to manage the pressures (because you do not want turbo boot pressure going back into the crankcase etc). On a petrol engine this valve is called a Crankcase Pressure Control Valve (PCV). On a diesel it can be called a Crankcase Depression Regulator Valve (CDR).

Where on the car do I find this valve (2.2 I-DTEC engine)?

Thanks.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You could you please post a picture of the area you mentioning to get a sense of bearing of what you want. Thanks.

3. Dakapitan New Member Getting Started

UK
    The first picture is of the pipe that goes from the intake pipe to the valve cover, highlighted in red. This is 10mm diameter, not 100mm stated abve, that was a typo.

Crankcase Ventilation Pipe.

The second picture is a schematic of a crakcase ventilation system on a petrol engine. It is difficult to find consistent pictues of a turbo diesel system.
    PCV Petrol.
    I am looking for the equivalent of the pipe from the crankcase (labelled “Breather Chamber”) into the inlet manifold on the 2.2 i-DTEC engine. It will have a valve in it, like the PCV valve shown here. I would also like to know were the valve is. The pipe may not follow the exact route shown in this diagram.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I will have a look when I get back from work bud.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have been looking for the elusive BC since the post was posted .. but it aint there:Unknown: .. I think its top vented via the rocker cover there is no block vent.

This is a CR-V courtesy @Zoot

photo.JPG

DeviateDefiant likes this.