Aftermarket Kit Diesel Owners - Tuning Box

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Thursday 3rd Jan, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have just moved from owning a focus diesel and I had a tuning box for it and it greatly improved the torque and power of car.
    I have seen some for sale for the accord. is there any particular manufacturer or tuner I should look out for and any to avoid.
    If anyone has any previous experience or any one to recommend please share.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi bud are you bothered about reliability after a diesel remap ? they are numerous cases of remaps causing damage on Honda diesels

if you are not bothered then your back street garage can upload a file to your car.

3. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yeh reliability is part of the reason I moved to a honda from ford so perhaps I should leave it

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Tuning have good and bad sides to it,if you want reliability then stay away from it.
    Read this and make up your own mind.

Remapping - read this

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 21st Mar, 2014
  5. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

think i will be steering clear of remaps as the EGR was a big problem on my focus I had no idea it was to do with the remap
    (probally not the sole problem as focus commonly have a problem with the EGR valves but I bet my remap didnt help)
    well we live and learn

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds