Body, Paint & Styling Difference between EX and EX GT

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by davemazo, Monday 22nd Oct, 2012.

1. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I`ve been thinking about swapping my 7th Generation for an 8th Generation EX or EX GT tourer. Whats the difference between the two. I know the GT has half leather seats and a body kit, is there anything else.

I like the body kit but prefer full leather seats so I suppose I could add the body kit later, decisions decisions.

Are there any other differences?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is what I can think of.

Half Leather seats and door card
    Red courtesy lights
    red speedo clusyter
    sports gear knob
    no sunroof
    side skirts
    Privacy glass
    front bumper lip
    dark chrome all round.
    different suspension and damping rating

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave you want full leather trust me.

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know I do CJ. I also don`t want a sunroof from what I`ve been reading here, I never use it anyway on my 7th Generation

Looking on the Honda Car Builder site they don`t seem to offer an EX GT any more

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It would seem Honda have withdrawn it that mean the current ones will lose thier value faster.

It will make a good buy

6. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I believe there is no EX-GT, check the Honda website, there should only be 4 in the range, ES, ES GT, Type-S, and EX. The EX comes with the NAV package plus ACC, a few other gissets, it is all spelt out on the Honda site and noting has changed since the 8th Generation was moded recently.cheersNeil

7. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is taken from the Parkers review of the 08 onwards Tourer:"The entry level specification ES comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, climate control, cloth seat trim, cruise control, electric and heated mirrors, folding rear seats, height adjustable driver’s seat, lumbar support, roof rails, rear electric windows, stability control, steering wheel reach and rake adjustment, and side, passengers and driver’s airbag. Move up to the ES GT models and you get front fog lights, aux-in and MP3 connection, sports suspension, GT aero kit – which includes front spoiler, sides skirts and rear diffuser, privacy glass, leather steering wheel, sports upholstery, Bluetooth connectivity and partial leather seat trim. Type-S models then add 18-inch alloys, sat-nav, full leather interior and clear side indicators. Finally, EX cars come with driver memory seat, electric heated front seats, sunroof, power tailgate, front and rear parking sensors, auto sensing windscreen wipers, auto headlights and advanced navigation pack"

8. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know, but there are quite a few cars out there described as EX-GT in the blurb that come with the usual EX spec plus the body kit but minus the leather seats, having only half leather. They mostly seem to be just up to a `59 plate from what I have found. They must have dropped the EX-GT at some stage in the past

Here`s one:-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ords/ex/postcode/l394ty/radius/1500?logcode=p

Last edited: Wednesday 24th Oct, 2012
  9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

EX GT exist only for the 2008-2011 8th Generation Accords.

Facelift range does not include EX GT.

Ichiban likes this.
  10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

11. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, you learn something new everyday, just noticed that the parkers review was updated in 2011 which probably explains the loss of the EX-GT from the details.

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yep thats right mate.

Although I wouldn't wipe a monkeys bottom with the garbage that is written about the Accord in many of these "reviews"/publications.

13. leonmk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Am I correct in thinking that if the EX GT is no longer available that the Type-S is the same as EX GT only with more horsepower?

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Type-S also has clear front lenses and has full leather upholstery. EX GT's have neither.

15. zimowisko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been looking for my EX GT for 7 mths, and for me it was a much better choice than EX but as there are lots of EX`s around i could find about 3 decent EX GT s nationally, EX GT vs EX as far as I have found anyway: GT half leather EX full ,GT HID lights EX halogen , GT sport body kit EX standard, GT red footwell lightning EX blue footwell lightning, GT red dash ilumination EX white dash ilumination, GT tinted rear windows ex no privacy glass, GT no sunroof EX sunroof, the rest as far as I could see is identical, Honda also told me GT has lower firmer suspension

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My Accord EX had the ADAS system, which also gave it HIDs as well. As for the suspension - thats a myth to me. Before buying my Accord (which I no longer have), I test drove the Type-S, EX and EXGT - the suspension seems very much the same.

I can appreciate if the suspension is different on the Type-S as it rides on 18" wheels as standard whereas the EX and EXGT are on 17" wheels - so I can't see why the EXGT would "gain" any lower/firmer suspension. More salesman hubris/cowpat that fact. Not even the Honda website listed any suspension differences between the EX and EXGT...food for thought.

17. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wanted the body kit and full leather hence buying the Type-S.

18. zimowisko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I could not feel any difference in suspension as well for me half leather, xenons and sporty styling were the most important hence i was only after ex gt

19. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There's only 2 types of suspension. Basic for the ES and Sports Suspension for every other model. According to the brochure any way. According to autotrader the MPG for the EX GT is 49mpg yet the ES GT is 54mpg. Maybe its lighter?

ADAS was an option for the EX GT so there may be some with it on but I expect them to be rare as the list price was high enough as it was.