Diffrent Honda Navigation System Overview

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Thursday 22nd Sep, 2016.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Over the years Honda has put a lot of different Sat navs on Honda cars and special runs under the "T Grade navigation System" banner, T stands for Technology. With a lot of members confused what what and limited information out there this thread hopefully answers some questions and removed this lack of knowledge,.

HDD Navigation Fitted to 2009-2011 Civic Hybrid models:

upload_2016-9-22_10-23-30.
    Commonly asked questions for the HDD Sat NAV's have a look at PDF's

Bluetooth compatibilty for HDD units: Please refer to the following website for the most up to date list of approved phones.

Clarion UK | BLT583 and BLT573 Mobile Phone Compatibility

i-Pod compatibilty for HDD units: Please refer to the following website for the most up to date list of approved i-Pods.

Clarion UK | 2008 Multimedia Souce Unit (MAX983HD)

An additional lead is also available to allow i-Pod connectivity (Note: This lead will only support i-Pod and not USB functionality):

08B41-SNB-600A

Map updating ,via a CD-ROM, is now available under part number 08A42-2L6-010.

SSD Navigation. Fitted to 2010 onwards Jazz, Jazz Hybrid, Civic 3 and 5 door, Insight and CR-V models:

upload_2016-9-22_10-35-40.

Commonly asked questions for the SSD Sat NAV's have a look at PDF's

An additional lead is also available to allow USB connectivity:

08B41-SMR-600B Civic 3/5 dr

08B41-SWW-600B CR-V

08B41-TF0-600B Jazz

08B41-TM8-600C Insight

Note: This lead is not required for models already fitted as standard with USB connectivity.

Bluetooth compatibility for SSD units: Please refer to Honda Accessories Car and Motorcycle select "Europe" and "English" then "enter". Select the tab marked "News and updates", scroll down to the section called "Honda's Solid State Drive (SSD) Navigation System" and select the "More" icon, now select the "Bluetooth compatibility" icon at the bottom of the page.

i-Pod/USB compatibility for SSD units: Please refer to the vehicle's owners manual using the index at the rear of the manual to find the section required, either "iPod" or "USB" depending on the unit being used.

SD Navigation.Fitted to 2012 Civic, Jazz, Insight, and future T grade models:
    This new unit does have new features and different functionality to previous T grade navigation units, so please make yourself familiar with the unit and its operation. To aid this we have attached the owners manual, a product information guide and the unit self test process to this bulletin as attached files. Also this new unit is only supplied with a "Quickstart Guide" and not the full owners manual, this owners manual can be downloaded by yourselves ,or your customer, from the following website along with information such as Bluetooth compatability lisitings.

Refer to Honda Accessories Car and Motorcycle select 'Europe' and 'English then 'enter'. Now select the tab marked 'News and updates' and scroll down to the section titled 'Honda SD navigation' and select the 'More' icon.
    upload_2016-9-22_10-47-5.

Commonly asked questions for the SD Sat NAV's have a look at PDF's

Pioneer F920T Navigation. Fitted to 2011 Civic 5 door Ti models only:
    upload_2016-9-22_10-51-4.

Pioneer F930T Navigation. Fitted to 2011 Civic Si-T and 2012 CR-V models:

upload_2016-9-22_10-59-21.

The Civic Si-T was launched and featured two new items of technology over and above the standard Si models specification, also there are now 342 2012 CR-V models that were fitted with this unit too. , but the main changes are;

1) Rear parking sensors.
    2) A Pioneer AVIC F930BT Navigation/Multimedia system with integrated Bluetooth system.(shown above)

Please note that no other Honda Genuine Accessory can be used in conjunction with this Pioneer Navigation unit. Items such as the rear view camera attachment and the Bass speaker system are not compatible with the Pioneer Navigation unit.

Attached Files:

legend-ary and Nels like this.
  2. mickr Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom mick Rochester
    Hi Ichiban,
    Thank you very much for all this information on my SSD system, 'will at last be able to use it properly
    Regards,
    Mick

FirstHonda and Ichiban like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No problem mate , happy we could help. :Hey: