Aftermarket Kit Direct 4x4 side steps

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Wizard, Thursday 3rd Mar, 2016.

1. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Hi

I would like to get side steps for my CR-V and found these on the Direct 4x4 site.

Honda CR-V Side Steps OEM Style

They look smart, easy to fit and require no drilling. Plus at £85 inc P&P are good value!

Anyone fitted these or had experience?

Cheers

Andy

2. Kash Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Kash Nelson
    Just had these fitted last week. They look good but apparently are a pain in the ass to fit, or so my mechanic told me as not everything lines up initially, needs a little jiggery pokery to get to fit. But once fitted do the job.

3. Westman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Kings Lynn
    Hi
    I have the "side bars/steps" from direct 4x4 (which I think is the same fitting) and the brackets fit into captive nuts in the underside.. They fit okay but I had to run a tap through most of the captive nuts as they were rusty and full of crap..

Rgds
    JPR

4. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    I've been looking at side steps from direct 4x4 but was put off by having to cut the plastic under trays to clear the step mounts! Is there a way around this?

5. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I searched the part number 2725/112B and also found them on eBay, still sold by Direct 4x4 but here it says no cutting of under tray required!

6. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    I found this video which shows that the plastic under trays do need cutting which is not a hard task but like you say it's not in the item description! I was hoping that one of the guys that has had it done could give us a bit more detail on this!

7. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Steve Wigan
    I have fitted these to mine. Easy to fit and even the plastic undertray has marks on it where you cut. Good quality and easy to follow instructions. My advice is go for it.

9. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

I've fitted side steps from direct 4x4 to mine but not the OEM ones. Really easy to fit and yes you do have to cut a couple of small pieces out of the undertrays but as Steve8274 says they are marked and easy to cut. Heres a pic of mine fitted
    image.

10. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

11. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Yep they're the ones. Good quality and worth paying a bit extra IMO

12. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    They look so much better and more practical than the useless, peculiarly shaped, ones that came as standard on my Black Edition CR-V.

Keith

13. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've ordered the Direct 4x4 OE style £85 side steps.

I like the subtle styling.

I want them for when I'm loading my roof box and maybe bikes onto roof.

Will let you know how they fit and post some pics when fitted.

14. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Direct OE type side steps arrived on Wednesday and as luck would have it I had time off this morning as so was able to fit them.

The instructions that came with them were not the best, but I found some better ones on line that were for the actual Honda ones.

The Honda ones come with the end caps fitted, unlike the Direct 4x4 ones. But the supplied instructions explained how to fit the end caps ok.

Using the Honda fitting instructions it took me 1hr 45mins to fit the left one and 1hr for the right.

I jacked car up at rear and put on axel stands to give better access to fit brackets & cut the under trays.

End result is very factory looking side steps and is the look I like. And for £85 they are a bargain!

I took a pic after fitting the left one. Please excuse the state of the car, but we have had very wet weather this week and floods!

Attached Files:

15. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I take it that when the doors are open the side steps still provide a flat area to actually use to step on (unlike the front section do the OEM ones I have), in which case you've got the best of both worlds, i.e. practical sidesteps that are not overtly apparent when the doors are shut.

Great result - I'm jealous!

Keith

16. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here is a better picture with a clean car.

image.

Avgab likes this.
  17. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I paid my local garage to fit them. £50 all in. Bargain.

18. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, £50 is a bargain. But I love fitting stuff like this ;-)

19. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

image. image. image. image.

20. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I've said it before but those sidesteps look so much better than the useless things I've got on my Black Edition - well done!

Keith