Engine & Gearbox Disabling SvRS is there a way?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Thursday 3rd Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since its inception there have been some harsh critics of the SvRS, some have welcomed it due to its simplicity and ease of use. To please everyone and give the flexibility of choice, Honda do offer to disable the SvRS system on certain conditions.

So why the big fuss? I hear you ask.

Not to discredit Honda on its attempt to bring this technology to the Honda stable, but there have been some glitches which have been rectified as soon as they have surfaced. Due to the higher percentage of Accord being sold in the UK to corporate and lease customers the perception of this technology has been dented.

Some lease companies are actively seeking ways to retaining the value of their investment by getting their vehicle serviced as per SvRS to maintain Honda's warranty. The flip sides to some lease companies want to stretch their investment further with least of financial overhead to them.

The German marques have been doing variable servicing for some time and they have perfected the variable servicing system after year and years of data. The Honda system on paper was really good but with dealers not carrying out pre-implementation guidelines at PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection). Some customers having read the owner’s manual were confronting the dealer why can’t they see this feature enabled, on seeing this the dealer were enabling SvRS which was not ideal.

On this scenario the SvRS was requesting servicing at very low mileage partly done to its late activation.. causing panic to customers entering the dealerships at regular intervals. To make matters worse the 3rd Generation Jazz owners have the same feature.The new Jazz owners does cater to the higher percentage of elderly customer. The driving habit of this section of owners does involve a lot of very small journey and the SvRS system reminding them of a imminent servicing was testing their patience too.

All these incident were then traced down as red herrings and the root cause was a lack of training, lack of educating the customer.(Please see other thread on the forum regarding the same)

As customers YOU do have the option of requesting the SvRS system off on delivery of the vehicle by completing the attached form.This effectively gives Accord owners to make an informed decision. This will revert to the standard 12 month or 12,500 miles service schedule whichever comes first.

On a personal note when I do buy my 8th Generation I will insist SvRS is enabled I whole heartily trust the system and there is no reason why anyone should not.

I hope this thread clear the myths and facts regarding SvRS, and you are able to make the informed decision.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Saturday 12th Nov, 2011
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bumping to refresh members there is an option.