Hi all, My steering wheel controls are not working and I suspected either a loose wire, or the interface between the stalk and the radio to be faulty. If it is the interface then ill drop it to the local car audio people, but before that I thought id better check the loose wire theory. I looked at previous posts and got some confidence to have a go at removing the dash etc. There isn't a lot on the internet regarding pictures of the FR-V dash removal so heres my attempt. I hope it helps some. It will probably confuse more than it helps though ! The first step was to see what were dealing with. I have an after market Kenwood DNX5200BT head unit that is a sat nab, hands free phone kit, bluetooth, iPod connector, DVD player and CD player with Stereo. It pretty much does everything except get TV channels! heres a look at the dash before I started. The first thing i tried to do was remove the small cubby hole and get to some screws to remove the dash etc. I gave a pull on the cubby hole and the whole front silver facia came off ! no damage to it either now or previously. I must be straonger than I thought ! The facia was attached with heated seat wiring and the heater display connections. The heater display connections are a bit tight to get at and remove so i decided to remove the whole display for easy access. As shown in the next couple of pictures. The display connectors are awkward to remove with the display attached to the facia so after the facia is removed by unscrewing the 4 screws above you can see the white connectors below that need to come off To remove the heater display out of the way and save it dangling carefully press the white tabs in and remove with a small screw driver as a lever, carefully. I needed to look up behind the radio so probably went a little further than i needed to to remove the DIN frame so the next few pictures are panel removal pics from behind the facia and underneath the din frame. The bottom panel underneath the gearstick and above handbrake is next to come off. I also removed the cup holder and frame to give me a better look underneath and all around the radio. All a bit further to I needed to go it turned out, but good to know how its done. So, top two screws, one on the bottom left underneath the dash and two right up behind the dash is all it takes to get the cup holder loose. A little twisting and sliding around wiring and it slips out. So now I've got alot of access to the back of the radio and Im expecting the frame to be screwed in at the rear. It wasn't. So i expected it to be screwed in from the side of the radio itself and would have to remove the surrounding frame first. I removed the bottom bolts that hold the din frame in to see if it gave me any leverage etc. I couldn't see how and where the top of the radio was secured with the din frame. I used a trim removal tool to lever the trim away carefully around the top and began to pull the bottom frame towards me. It began to move. So i gave some small forceful tugs and could see the clips holding the trim piece surrounding the radio. I gave a couple of decent tugs and the WHOLE frame including radio came out. The next pics show the locations of the clips and corresponding holes they go into. Now, I didnt find any loose wires that would cause the steering wheel controls to malfunction. I pushed, pulled and squeezed all the wires and it made no difference at all to the function of the controls. So it has to be the interface (black box) between the radio and the steering wheel controls. I dropped it off at the auto elecs and he was surprised to see a Kenwood interface being used instead of an Autoleads one. He said the Autoleads ones are more reliable and would replace it. Thats more than I want to get involved with to be honest, the system is expensive and I just know id blow fues and displays etc etc. I reckon I got off lucky by getting this far removing the dash without damaging anything ! I hope I can remember how to put it all back when the car's back !!!!!