Introductions Do I keep it?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CBen, Friday 17th Jun, 2016.

1. CBen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom ChrisB Warks
    Having been woken at 3 by the alarm going off I am wondering if my >100000 mile 2007 Accord Tourer has reached the end of the road.. If the alarm is fixed (think it is the boot sensors) I will need to get a binding rear caliper fixed £320.
    Is it the start of the slide to big bills. Real shame as it is a great drive with so much useful space.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You don't need to spend £320 on fixing your calipers, you can simply get them refurbished or buy refurbished calipers. I replaced both my rear calipers on my Saloon more than 2 years ago for about £60. Since then they've been fine.

100K is nothing for a Honda. Keep it Chris, keep it !

Denso23 likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @CBen and welcome to HK!
    Come on .. as SpeedyGee says, 100k is nothing for a Honda. My puny Jazz is close to that milestone and I think it is good for another 30k only because it has seen a lot of abuse by previous owner. Get the caliper refurb'd and for rest of the issues, post them up and I am sure you will get plenty of advice on how to fix those.

4. CBen Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom ChrisB Warks
    Thanks for the welcome - off to look at the alarm now.

legend-ary likes this.
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Car is barely broken in, a few hundred is nothing to spend and an Accord is unlikely to turn into a money pit if it's been maintained properly.

We have similar dilemmas at work with the trucks when things go wrong but when looking at the bigger picture even a major repair is only going to cost a few months of finance payments so as long as the downtime isn't bad then we'll keep them running.

6. ank New Member Getting Started

Cyprus Andreas Larnaca
    Haha! 100K miles which is what 160K km. Running downstairs to check....641779km which come down to roughly 400K miles on a Civic SI 1993.
    And I am seriously considering keeping it since selling this great running car will not land me any fortune now.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    400K !! :Thumbup:

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Wow. We would love see your SI.
    Post up your intro in the section and show us this legendary Civic of yours.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @CBen :welcome:

I agree with what the others have said, but if you fancy a change...:goodluck:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @CBen change your avatar please follow my signature for new member starter please.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to the club @CBen :Hey:

13. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    My CN1 is at 110k and still runs perfectly. 100k is nothing for your car if its been looked after

Nels likes this.
  14. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    What engine is it?

Sorry, just seen CN2 - diesel. The diesel lads will be better placed to advise you.

15. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do not pay £320 for a rear caliper changing even if it includes discs and pads! Is it the N/S one? I've had to replace both of mine during the ownership of my tourer which is now coming up to 6 years and as for the mileage I wouldn't worry at all mines almost doubled that as its about ready to hit 198k miles in the coming weeks :Smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nels likes this.