Aftermarket Kit do i need the xcarlink y Cable ?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sunny2good, Saturday 8th Dec, 2012.

1. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi guys,

can someone explain to me the purpose of the Y Cable ?

Basically I've got a 2006 2.2 I CTDI EX without Sat Nav but its got a in built 6 CD changer. If i were to install XCarlink, do i need the Y cable?

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No you don't you just plug the Xcarlink straight into the headunit.

3. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate,
    So if i don't use it, i will still be able to use my CD player and can also use the XCarLink for Mp3 playback?

For some reason, i was under the impression that Y Cable is used for allowing you to play CDs and also support Mp3. But i guess its only needed for Sat Nav purposes.

4. sunny2good Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can anyone help ?

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Absolutely you can play CDs and change to mp3s by pressing the cd button.

6. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wahab Ish hemel hempstead
    Can the original factory function will still be able to work without using y cable to install xcarlink.

I am installing Bluetooth version. Would I be able to use my steering control to answer and reject call as before. Can use next song and mode function from steering. Can I still see radio on my screen function of sat nav?

Sorry for too many questions it's just I want to get it fit right first time.

Thanks

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Anyone know the answer to this ?

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The user manual has the answers to your questions.

Attached Files:

9. wahabishtiaq Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wahab Ish hemel hempstead
    Hi,

Installed xcarlink yesterday, clean and easy install. Primary purpose is to use to listen to music. Didn't connected mic for telephonic convos. Didn't use y cable as just plugged the xcarlink in head satnav unit. Its working for music very well. I am impressed

Now the issue is i cannot connect to HFT as my bluetooth is busy with xcarlink. It makes me feel compelled to install xcarlink mic so i can use one device for making and receiving calls. However i will be gutted to condemn HFT. I just love the way functions on steering can be used to make and receive calls. Can anyone suggest if installing xcarlonk mic will work similarly like HFT. i.e Hands free voice commands to operate functions.

Sorry for poor arrangement of my message.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Isn't it just a case of dropping the connection on your phone to the XCarlink Bluetooth and connecting to the HFT Bluetooth ?

Have I missed something ? Are you using the phones bluetooth to play music through the XCarlink ?