General Do you feel privileged driving Accord?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Pilot, Monday 18th Jan, 2016.

1. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    I don't know about you, but I guess I am making an obvious statement here. I think I only see roughly 2-3 7th Generation Accords per day, which I think is either a good thing because it makes it a rarer car, or a bad thing because they're going extinct....I'll stick with the good thing though. Either way, I just sort of really feel privileged driving my Accord, it makes it seem like a special car because there don't seem to be that many around. Like for instance, this happened several times when I drove by another Accord driver and we sorta just both scanned eachothers cars either at the stop lights or just driving by in general like a car park or something...or there was a guy who literally had a replica Accord, same rims same color (which is rare for Accord) and the guy honked me you just don't see that happening with your any other average car. I am prepared to drive thing thing for lifetime.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I can often go days without seeing another Accord it's such an exclusive ownership. Think I see more Tesla/Porsche/Bentley's than Accords. FACT

3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love driving my current Accord (as I have all five) love the exclusivity.

4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I very rarely see another FR-V on the roads.

5. Pilot Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Daniel London
    True story, I was going to Heathrow the other day and I saw 3 Teslas, one was charging at the services, few I have passed on my way...no Accords in sight that day.

Honestly even the new ones are rare to see, but not as rare as 7th :Grin:

I almost never heard of them, I might have spotted a few though haha, I think they're pretty cool cars though.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Living in Birmingham I see lots of Hondas, Accords, Civics, FR-V's CR-V's, fair few imports too, including two beautiful white Elysions !

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I see a few 8th Gens here in Greenwich one of which is an absolutely beautiful brownish grey but not many 7th gens around. See plenty of FR-Vs too actually but thats probably because im always looking for them. their rear wiper angle amazes me. :Smile:

8. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    where i am located at, you can count the days where I encountered a 7th Generation accord (CL7/CL9). The official Accord here is the CM5 (similar to the one in the USA).

Now I am planning to swap the logo on my car to be using Acura's - and then it will totally be a unique car here. :Grin:

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  9. altoricky Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Don't see many round here in Kent. Just shows what a well kept secret the 7th Generation Accord is. I can't believe the number of times I've said to myself "what a great car this is". 215k miles on the clock and sailed through the MOT just before Christmas. I love it!!

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

:garage:

11. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

215K miles... that's something to boast about! tell us more.

12. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

I agree with Speedy, living in Walsall there are a fair few 7th and 8th Generation saloons used as taxis, but not many estates.

215k miles is an achievement, when I first bought my accord from the dealer i mentioned the renowned reliability. The service guy said that he had one customer with 350k on the clock - a company car. All service requirements done to schedule. The guy didn't want to change to a newer company car as he liked the Accord so much and satisfied his needs.

Amazing, astounding and just shows the longevity of the engineering on the major parts and how regular servicing is important.

I bought the accord because i wanted a car for work (and pleasure) that just started each day, no problems. :gohonda:

mustnap likes this.
  13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

Was feeling smug as its been ages and not seen another Accord, then @John Dickson went and past me this morning! Still have the fumes in my lungs :rasta:

AccordCU2 and John Dickson like this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Grin:

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got to share the diesel smelly rancidness with as many people as possible.

We're generous like that the diesel mob.

16. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't feel privileged... but I occasionally feel a little smug as I see the sheeple driving around in the Vectra/Mondeo/Skoda estates and think... you could have had one of these for the same price you paid for that. It's got some of the best looks of any estate/tourer I've seen.

158k on the clock, full Honda service history and one previous owner... and sailed through the MOT in Dec with just headlight aim needing adjustment.

John Dickson and legend-ary like this.
  17. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    Love my Accord. There seems to be plenty in Scotland, I always see at least a couple every day. Most 7 Gen though, not too many 8th Generation