General Do you feel safe in your Accord?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abbey, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2012.

1. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I really do. And, in some of the previous cars I owned, I didn't feel safe. One car shook violently over bad roads. I was often afraid the car would come apart at the hinges. Another car was constantly having mechanical trouble and breaking down. I was always concerned about taking long trips as a long distance tow (to return the car if it broke down) would cost a lot of money. Not to mention, being stranded out in the middle of nowhere for awhile.

But, in my Accord, I always feel safe and secure. Smoothest handling. Very comfortable ride (whether I'm the driver or passenger). And, I never worry about taking my daughter out in the car as I know we will always get to our destination without trouble and return home safe.

2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I feel very safe in my Accord. The brakes seem to have lost their bite but I suspect air in the brakelines that needs flushing out after the VSA modulator was changed. Coming from my previous Peugeot 206 this car is heaven!

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I feel as safe as houses in mine! Rock solid & has presence!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have NEVER had a hairy moment in any of my Honda’s. They are very reassuring and inspire natural confidence with fluid and linear power and handling dynamics.

Safe ,secure and reliable. can't ask for more.

Abbey likes this.
  5. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    This is an excellent point. In my Accord, i always feel safe, no moments of sheer panic. And, I've had a few of those in previous cars. Like with my Buick station wagon, when the brakes failed and the car smashed into the neighbor's fence. That was a very scary moment. And, thankfully no one was injured and surprisingly very minimal property damage. I never have to fear for something like that now. I have much better gas mileage now too. The other car was a tank and i paid dearly to drive it. Can't imagine how much happier i am now in my Accord.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will be a pleasure to do pressure bleed the system on your car bud. You will feel the anchors drop when we change the fluid.:Thumbup:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've had a head on impact whilst driving a 7th Generation Accord. Cut a long storey short, I was turning right at traffic light junction as the filter light for going right was on. Some pr**k came flying from the opposite direction, jumped the red light and hit my near side front corner. He was probably doing about 30-40mph I was probably doing around 15-20mph. My car got turned around by the impact and ended up nearly facing the other way, such was the severity of the impact.

Drivers airbag came out, as well as passenger side curtain airbag (the offending vehicle had a secondary impact to the side of my car) and front passenger seat airbag (on the side). My belt tensionsed up as it should do.

Apart from being a little stunned at having an impact I was perfectly fine myself. Despite the driver airbag going off and despite having both hands on the steering wheel, I had no burn marks from the airbag going off.

So I feel well safe in the Accord, that car was declared a right off by the insurance and I immediately replaced it with another 7th Generation Accord.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have never experienced a car where the airbag have deployed and touch wood won't like to, but I have been told the powder residue from the airbags can irritate your throat for weeks.

What where your observations?

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I suffered no ill affect from the airbags going of at all.

There was hell a lot of smoke though when they went off, and for a few seconds I thought the car was on fire :Aghast: before I realised that the smoke was from the airbags going off.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thats good to know bud , I have heard stories for guys the powder does make life after the shunt slightly unbearable.

Honda obviously have done their homework to make sure this is not the case.

11. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Good to know you were not severely injured. Though I just wanted to say, for anyone with children, it's not safe to let them ride in the front passenger seat, because if the airbag goes off, it could prove deadly. There have been several incidences with child fatality due to airbag going off. Has something to do with the way it hits the child, versus where it hits an adult. For that reason, i always make sure my daughter is in the backseat properly secured. We're good so far.

12. Felicity Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    My Accord never fails me on safety.

This will be the third Accord I have purchased and owned. So I knew what I was getting into. My first Accord was second hand, but still ran perfectly for many years. Never a complaint. I never had to fear for road safety even in terrible driving conditions.

13. Diddyuk86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I feel very safe myself, I think you can get some cars where it just doesn't cut it and you always seem to worry when driving about even the littlest of things but in the Accord all that worry really disappears. They are also very reliable cars I have found which I feel adds to the confidence in driving it.

14. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

what accord do you have mate?

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I feel very safe in my Accord after a recent event. I was travelling southbound on the M1(for those that know the area between Junction 40 and 39 southbound).
    Wife in the car on way home on a sunny afternoon.
    Outside lane making an overtake on a small hgv in the middle lane in front of him was another small 7.5 ton wagon as I got to just about the rear of the first wagon a lovely lady in a Renault Scenic shot out from between the two wagons(I think she came from the inside lane?????)Unfortunately she must have been blinded by the afternoon sun and she clipped the central reservation throwing her into a spin in front of me!!!!!!
    Now I may be 55years old but my reactions kicked straight in Survival being the key, so I managed to use the ABS and VSA to manouvre past the spinning Frog and then change down floor the accelerator and pull across the carriageway sufficently to pass the silly woman the look on her face as I passed only inches from her front bumper will remain in my mind for life. Even more the comment from my own wife surprised me "God I thought we were going to hit her then you did so well to avoid an accident there"
    The moral of the story is its not just the cars safety features but how you as a driver use them. It`s only as safe as the person behind the wheel.