Electrical & Lights Dodgy keyfob

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Old Cruiser, Saturday 21st Feb, 2015.

1. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Strange one with the remote keyfob today, unlocked car to move it, half an hour later went to move it back an damn keyfob wouldn't unlock the car , so got spare and that worked ok, only thing I could think of was that I'd left the car keys in the shed for half an hour and was pretty cold in there , maybe battery volts had dropped in the fob and not enough power to unlock the car, took the battery out and measured just over 3V put back together and seemed to work (fob had been back inside for a while by this time), so maybe with the fob being cold pressing the unlock button loaded the battery to the extent there wasn't enough power to unlock the doors, anyway as a matter of course , nipped out and got a new battery for it, as I don't think that keyfob had ever had a replacement battery in 9 years !!as the opening screw was pretty tight due to Loctite, anyway hope this will be an end to it, but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar with their's and nothing more sinister than a dodgy battery!
    Cheers Pete

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Most likely probably just a battery issue

3. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Hope so mate.
    Cheers pete