Facelift Model Does Autoexpress Know Something We Don't?

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by Robbie, Thursday 4th Jul, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is why I have not been on the forum since the morning ..:Wink: will update you soon.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    If that is the hint, then it will essentially be a slightly revised version of the standard bland 4 door saloon US model. If they could bring that coupe here, then now we would be talking....

4. rotation Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm confused. The publish date on the article is 10 Jan, 2012?
    Does the published date get updated if the text is updated?

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The link refers to Jan 2012 ?
    What is the value of this?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had lunch with a Honda Europe employee today and all I was say the 9th Generation is coming that is for sure ..I can't reveal anything more as much as i would love to I have given my word that I won't speak about it.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    CJ You gave your word that you won't "speak", that's understandable fair enough, stick to your promise mate.

We're not asking you to "speak" though, just type out what you know LOL

JK

Anyways, so are you excited now ? and do you believe what you have been told ?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have taken what been said with a pinch of salt mate.. too many Accord haters in Honda Europe.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Why do they hate the Accord? Infact why do they even work for Honda if they hate a key model and product of the company? If I was the boss of Honda i would sack each one of them who hated a product of the company, there is plenty of people out the who are waiting for a job and can do a better one with more passion. Really irks me when I hear stuff like that, why should these mere employees have so much say over what a customer wants, which is surely more important. Honda HQ needs to do some buttkicking.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We will see another minor revision to the 8th Generation Accord this September the changes are minimal.

11. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Does that mean we won't be getting a 9th Generation but just another facelift? What the heck are they doing?

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is life still left in the old 8th Generation. it not officially dead is it...not as yet.

13. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

They will probay release just the JDM hybrid in Europe and keep the ol' 8th Generation running for a year or two more.

If I recall correctly, the 8th Generation Civic was released in 2005 as a 2006 model, and replaced by the 9th Generation in 2012 (almost 7 years). Using that logic, we can expect the 9th Generation Accord in 2014 as a 2015 model.

14. Amused Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I found some news on a Chinese website... Ã÷Ä꽫ÍÆÈ«ÐÂ˼²¬î£ ÅäCVT/8ËÙË«ÀëºÏ_°®¿¨Æû³µ

According to google translate:"Held in June this year Honda Technology Conference, Honda announced that future models will use a new direct-injection engines. The new facelift Spirior 2.0L and 2.4L will use direct injection engine.Among them, the 2.0L engine is coupled with a CVT engine, while the 2.4L engine is coupled with an eight-speed DCT dual-clutch transmission. According to the news from Honda, Honda's DCT dual-clutch transmission will be used in sporty top models..."

15. adamsky New Member Getting Started

this accord coupe looks great! we (european customers) should get the accord coupe as well. not only saloon and estate version. US customers are very lucky. this accord rocks!

16. spindrift Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Beautiful! I wonder if Honda will ever offer a 2 door coupe version here in the UK?

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I doubt it unless it came in diesel with 67MPG it won't happen.