Off-Topic Doing my garage out, what do I need??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Paul, Sunday 18th Dec, 2011.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bit of a strange one this but we moved house a couple of months ago. The garage is in a right state and needs tidying. I brought some shelving with me from the last house and bought a full length shelving rack yesterday from ebay. I need to get my garage in order but what else do I need???

I've got a Halfords tool set, Air Compressor to plumb in so I can use my airlines outside and also got a MIG welder which I've never used. (good idea at the time). I was thinking of putting a sink in with running water at the back of the garage but wiill I use it??? Anything else a garage needs or others have got???

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My suggestions will be
    Good lighting is a must ,paint the walls white with masonary paint ,consider LED lighting as it best solution of life and electric consumption. Radio CD player

Some cheapo plastic drawers for microfiber cloths and light service parts. Luxury not a must two pac epoxy paint on the floor.

I do have a lot of old engine oil stored ,considering a waste oil heater for some warmth. A mate of mine as offered to fabricate me one. Paul if will never leave your garage if you have a heated space.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have one solitary bulb in the middle so will be ding something with the lights. I was offered some top quality epoxy paint the other day FOC. Unfortunately I couldn't accept due to work. Oh well it's only £50 per tin. Might just stick to emulsion :Wink:

I had some old kitchen units in my last garage which were great for storage, may keep an eye out.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get the paint mate we will do it together when the weather cheers up.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    if only i had a garage! ...............going be a few years yet :Frown:

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've had to downsize to this one. My last house had a house and cart outbuilding which had an upstairs in it. It took one full van to move the house and 1/2 a van just to do the garage. They thought I was joking when I opened the door. I've had to have a sort out and must have 6-7 full sets of branded sockets that are surplus to requirements.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well your office is one ..so what the problem:Grin:

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got an office as well on the 2nd floor......

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well that just showing off ..if you need some Honda memobrobilia we can deck it out

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hmmm shrine to Honda. Me likes! Not sure Bec's will though. Maybe just have it on the back of the door. That way she won't even know :Wink:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda demoted to the back of the door what !!! :Frown:

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or could just have the whole garage instead...

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul what happening on the garage end bud, you getting that compressor and all lines in for pneumatics tools I need air tools now my patience in diamantling stuff is wearying thin.

14. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I already had the compressor and the tools but never had them plumbed in. I bought a retractable air line reel. Still tidying and clearing out the garage so not in a position to get it all sorted yet I did an hour yesterday and filled the car with things to go to the tip with and moved some of the things from our dining room outside. Got loads to sell on ebay and the like but just struggling with time to list them. Hopefuly with changing shifts a week on Monday i'll have days off during the week so will be able to sort it out for proper then.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    show us your compressor fella , I know the feeling of not enough hours in the day!!