Body, Paint & Styling Don't see many 7th Generation Accords on the road

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by hondream, Saturday 24th May, 2014.

1. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Is it just me, but I don't see many 7th generation Accords on the road.
    I'm always looking out for them.

Not quite rare as a ferrari, but not too far away.

Is it because people don't want them??

I'm confused.

Thanks

PS - 6th Generation - seem to be more on the road

2. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Birmingham is full of 7th Generation Accords.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    In Belgium there's not many Accords in general on the road, no matter what generation. Today I saw one 8th Generation like mine. Quite rare.
    We do have a lot of CR-V's (all gen's), Jazz and some Civics.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If memory serves there's just under 20,000 I-CDTI and 14,000 i-VTEC 7th Gens on the road in the UK in total. My spec (Facelift Type-S K24) only had around 400 ever sold it the country.

hondream likes this.
  5. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    But I do see loads of Civics & CR-V's

6. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I see a few around here, saw a nice black face lift earlier this evening only slightly ruined by the I-CTDI badge (runs and hides)

John Dickson likes this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@Doc would have your head :Laughing: (if it wasn't him)

Phil1978 likes this.
  8. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    I jest of course :Innocent: it was just crying out for a nice shiny pair of pipes sticking out the rear.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Ahah, no love for diesels here either mate - funny thing is my favourite past time is picking on them yet I've never driven an I-CDTI.

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And less toxic waste coming out of the back:Tongue:

Phil1978 likes this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You can go off people :Baseballbat:

I've got a PFL 7th Generation I-CTDI and she runs beautifully. :Happy:

When filling up a couple of days ago, there was a 55 plate PFL I-CTDI tourer in front of me.

The guy had it from new, 135,000 miles and still running fine ! :BooYeah: :BooYeah: :BooYeah: :BooYeah:

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yeah but there's petrol CL9s around the world with 300-400,000 miles and no major work done :Icecream:

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Don't doubt it at all.
    Honda quality shines through. :Hooray:

I was just pointing out that there are plenty of 7th gens about, even diesels with a fair few miles on, that are still going strong. :Tea:

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've driven a I-DTEC Civic and couldn't wait to get back into my Accord. It just didn't do anything for me :Icecream:

15. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Depends on the times you drive I think, come rush on motorway I see a fair few Accords On the contrary, during school hours I see loads of CR-Vs driven by mom's.

I almost always see 6th gens locally, whilst 7th and 8ths are on the motorway though, heck I rarely see motors with a reg beginning with a letter on motorways these days.

Civics are a weird one, pre knightrider looking ones are either right bangers or owned by decent owners, newer ones seem to be fast enough though. Guess the looks scared the folks to the Jazz.

Maybe if I'm a bit "-ist" then I assume that Accords are driven by men who have jobs from 9-5 who just need a reliable family car. So you'd see them on the way to and from work and as the family chariot over the weekends.

Oh and Jazz drivers, well the image of a sunny weekend break comes to mind with them at the front a massive backlog of cars.

Plus you got to take where you live into the equation too - in Canterbury, the land of the old, Honda's are in abundance (6th gens, plenty of older Civics and quite a few Jazz too). In London though, German cars are all over and the few 7th, 8th Generation (even my local dominos uses a diesel Accord for deliveries, god knows how they make profit with that though)

16. Richardp2020 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Uk
    I've seen quite a few I-CDTI Accord Taxi's in Leeds, not so many regular drivers, although you do see the odd one about. More usually I-CDTI over the petrols.

MickyB likes this.
  17. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    Gotta to agree I don't ever see many, and when I do see another CTDi, I try to pull up next to them at the lights just so I can wind the window down and hear how rough its idle is, an idle-off if you like lol, 9 times out of ten I win, bring on the oil changes every 5000-6000 miles! So if you've ever seen some wa*ker winding his window down and listening to your CTDi, in the East Midlands, it was probably me haha.

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    "an Idle-off" :Rolf:

MickyB likes this.
  19. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    You should come to Northern Ireland

The country is littered with 7th Generation Diesels, slammed on AMG replica wheels with fake Euro R kits and a lip spoiler - all identical, all with reverse rack, just different colours.

20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I actually ended up parked next to an I-CDTI in Kettering (East Mids) earlier, it was a Facelift Sport, believe it was owned by a woman - make-up and what not laying about the car:

IMG_20140526_182928.

hondream likes this.