General Door cards??

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mikeyspell, Thursday 29th Jan, 2015.

1. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    Hi does anyone know how to get door cards off when the door is locked closed? need to get them off a accord I'm breaking but has got no battery on and no fuse box to power anything up

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Works the same way mate as when the door is open - there is enough room inside of the car between the trim to unscrew as normal and pop it off. You may have to bend it ever so slightly but not much.

Even though there is no battery, can you not still open the door from the inside or is it double locked?

3. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    It's double locked! Looks like just a bit of brute force is required then lol thanks for the advice

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    is the outer skin of the door damaged? If it is, and its not repairable, I would just cut through it from the outside, access the locking mechanism and detach it manually.

If the outer skin is fine, then yeah, unscrew everything as normal and then pry the edges away. Remove the B pillar trim if needed but on most cars (never tried it on the accord I must say), the trim can be removed relatively easily, its just more awkward.