Engine & Gearbox Door Light Loss Of Power

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by MickyB, Wednesday 23rd Mar, 2016.

1. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i have had LED's in my fro t doors for some time, I did try those projector lamps but only the drivers side would fit so I removed it and replaced the blue LED. Yesterday I noticed that this had failed ie it was flashing so I dug out my spares popped the lense and replaced the bulb.
    This never worked so I took one of the old white bulbs (that I had kept) and as I went to put it in it illuminated so I thought it's ok. So I got another LED / nothing.
    Swapped it with the passenger one which was working nothing.
    I tried all the bulbs in the passenger door and all worked bar 2.
    I decided to go with the original white bulbs till I could get some new LED's as I knew they were ok I put the bulb in nothing. The bulbs are fine. I took the door card off and removed the light fitment. I gave this a good check over all seems ok traced the wiring that seems ok. But still no power to the bulbs .
    Question is there a fuse that protects this circuit?
    Anyone think of anything else I can check?
    Thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Check the fuse box in the engine bay, I think there is a "Interior lights" fuse in there.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll get my handbook out thanks

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    The LED bulbs are normally terminal specific - silly question but did you try them with terminals switched?

SpeedyGee likes this.
  5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes and I also tried them in the passenger side to ensure they were working

6. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Mick are you sure it's not your door switch playing up or sticking.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure I'm going to look at it over the weekend when I'm not working.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just had a quick look and noticed when I open the door the interior light doesn't come on?
    If I open the passenger door it does.
    Fuse checked it's fine so I'm thinking either the switch or I may have trapped the wiring to the bulb holder I'll check tomorrow for power to that.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Checked the door switch it's working fine I changed it with one of the back ones the front still didn't work, but what I have also discovered is that the alarm when you leave the headlights on is also not working??? Checked the wiring and as far as I can see there's nothing wrong with it. Any ideas anyone.
    @Ichiban

Last edited: Monday 4th Apr, 2016
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:SOS:

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

:help:

12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Daughter knows an auto electrician he's going to have a look sometime this week.

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This has now got me stumped checked every fuse under the bonnet and in the drivers side footwell checked all wiring connections and still nothing
    :Whiteflag::SOS::SOS::SOS:

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have you put back normal bulbs to see if they work ?

15. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes using normal bulbs that work I've tried them in the passenger side door. I presume this is a circuit that consists of the door light the interior light and the headlight chime when you leave them on and open the door. I've swapped switches bulbs fuses ?? Head scratching now
    I've even checked all the wiring and connections on the passenger side just in case they pulled something when they did the airbag but nothing.

Last edited: Tuesday 5th Apr, 2016
  16. Nighthawk Guest

Just revisiting this one... did the normal bulbs work when you put them back in again or is the circuit completely dead?

MickyB likes this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The circuit seems to be completely dead. I changed everything the original bulbs were OK tested in other door, I even changed the door switches round they were all working perfectly. I had the door panel off to check if the wiring had been snagged anywhere ,
    nothing.
    The only thing I haven't got is a ohmeter to check the circuit wiring to see if there's a drop in power anywhere.
    I was wondering if it's something that needs resetting somewhere.

18. Nighthawk Guest

don't want to panic you but the MICU also controls the car detecting doors being opened.

Get a voltmeter and check for any voltage or break in continuity

19. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got an auto electrician coming to have a look next week, I suppose this is an expensive part to replace?

20. Nighthawk Guest

If you buy OEM then yes...its not cheap. Lets hope its not that however