Electrical & Lights Door light not working

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by sev, Monday 11th Jun, 2012.

1. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    All interior lights are working apart from drivers door light.
    I've checked it with multimeter and it shows around 11V and dropping down to 6-5V or even more. The same on passanger door shows 11.97V constant.
    How to fix it? Any clue?

Last edited: Thursday 28th Jun, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You sure the LED bulb is ok get another working on and try ! lastly but don’t forget LED bulbs only work one way round so rotate it 180 degrees if it doesn’t work first time. :Wink:

3. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

It's not the bulb. I have tried with working bulb. LED is a diode so its obvious it works only one way :Wink:
    There is something wrong with the voltage on the bulb socket. Any electricians here?

4. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just realised the central console and steering wheel backlight is not working too.
    Does anyone know which fuse could it be?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no fuses for the central dash it feed off the gauge control module , you need to get this car in to scan the electrical DTC's codes looks like something major has happened after your swap.

6. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Crap. Doesn't sound good.

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I had a prob like this kind of with mine when I changed the interior and door bulbs for SMDs 50/50 which are better (I think) than the normal LED option.

I lost the lights in the sunroof fitting. Front map/interior lights, in the end I bought a used cluster complete with sunroof swithch etc off ebay which solved the problem. I put it down to cheap poor quality bulbs off the net.

Hve you tried another door lamp mount/switch with a bulb you know is a ok?

8. julekasMobilek Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lithuania Julius Vilnius
    Sorry to bring an ancient thread, but i have the same problem. All the other doors lamps are working, except drivers door. Tried to swap the bulb from other door - bulb is ok. At night i didn't saw any other lights which are not working, so only the drivers doors. As i can see from creator of this thread he did not solved it.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Possibly a break in the cable for the lamp, most likely where it routes through from the dashboard into the door.

10. ampers Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

A reminder for all you LED enthusiasts.

The door puddle light cover has two tags at the top and two at the bottom, best to ease out the bottom first I think.

When removing the "push fit" bulb be careful not to rotate the grey coloured bulb housing, if you do and it becomes free, it drops IN behind the door panel, it does not come outwards.

If you have to refit the grey bulb housing it locks anticlockwise. It can be refitted without removing the door card but you need some VERY stiff wire ( I used stainless steel which is stiff enough that you couldn't bend back the last 1/4" or so on itself by hand), slightly hook shaped at the end which is inserted through one of the bottom tab holes in the door card for the cover. Pull the holder towards yourself until it almost pops into place then using a very fine watchmaker type screwdriver or similar, ease the holder exactly into position. Keep up the pressure from behind with the wire then using a fine electrical screwdriver( on the the plastic tabs), rotate the holder until it locks into position, this rotating movement is only about 2mm.
    It's a bit fiddly but if the wire is stiff enough for you to maintain a bit of pressure by pulling and you are careful with the rotation it is doable.

Good luck, but best to be patient when removing bulb and do not disturb the bulb holder.

legend-ary likes this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke